Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

:ninja: NAGOJI 4x3 [4x3 contest] [HP Prime]

Started by alexgt, April 30, 2015, 05:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexgt

• Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Unicorn

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on June 07, 2015, 04:45:54 PM
oh :/ I though this was made for the Ti 84 :P
So informed you are. O.O
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Well the screenshot is kind of deceving since it is based on the z80 lcd color but as you progress it turn different colors :P

Dream of Omnimaga

You can still play in the emulator, but this particular game lacks delays so if your computer is too fast the game will be emulated way too fast to be playable (in my case, after the 3-2-1-Go part you die instantly.

What I suggest for delays is to use the TICKS command. I don,t remember how many TICKS one second is, though, but basically return the current time using that command into a variable, then once your loop is over, use the WAIT command to wait until enough TICKS elapsed. I have yet to figure out the proper formula to do it, though, but if done properly, it should keep the frame rate capped to something you want.

But yeah the next versions of this game, if any, really need to fix control issues, because having to press LEFT instead of DOWN in order to crouch doesn't make much sense IMHO. Otherwise the game is pretty nicely done. :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

Unicorn

RG! I really want to play this. :/
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Oops,I think I meant ARG!

:P

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

This is why it's always better to proof-read what you post :P

Unicorn

Indeed, though IIRC it was late and I was on my kindle which is famous for not recognizing keypresses. It gets exasperating sometimes.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

My keyboard has started doing that :/ its really nnoying :/
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Unicorn

I started getting KermM mad with my misspellings in the Cemtech SAX. O.o

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 14, 2015, 08:04:28 AM
You can still play in the emulator, but this particular game lacks delays so if your computer is too fast the game will be emulated way too fast to be playable (in my case, after the 3-2-1-Go part you die instantly.

What I suggest for delays is to use the TICKS command. I don,t remember how many TICKS one second is, though, but basically return the current time using that command into a variable, then once your loop is over, use the WAIT command to wait until enough TICKS elapsed. I have yet to figure out the proper formula to do it, though, but if done properly, it should keep the frame rate capped to something you want.

But yeah the next versions of this game, if any, really need to fix control issues, because having to press LEFT instead of DOWN in order to crouch doesn't make much sense IMHO. Otherwise the game is pretty nicely done. :)
The reason for that control layout is because I was going for the feel of diving forwards and not falling on your face :P

Also that is what made the game a little difficult so you had to get used to it :P

Dream of Omnimaga

Aah that explains it then. I am too used to Mario crouching controls. :P

alexgt

It took me a little to get used to it too :P

Also imagine trying to play with touch screen controls O.O

I think I will make a version that has them just to see how hard it would be to play O.o

Also did you ever beat it if not what was your high score?

Unicorn

I bet the touchscreen would be very much harder, unless the player could swipe the whole screen to move

??? ??? ??? ??? ???