Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Iron maiden - legacy of the beast.

Started by c4ooo, August 30, 2016, 01:56:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

c4ooo

http://ironmaidenlegacy.com
Anyone play this game yet? From what I read its really good. Will be downloading when I get a chance. I wish there was a PC port though >_>
https://youtube.com/v/cjg1BEgYlBQ

Dream of Omnimaga

Shame there's no PC version. I'm not a big fan of mobile gaming because of how fast mobile games eat batteries (see Pokémon Go). ANyway I will probably give this a try at some point. I wonder if it's good? The Maiden games from the 90's were apparently pretty bad, although the 8-bits game they made a few years ago was nice.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

From what I see, it looks like one of those pay-to-win RPG bullc that plagues app stores that you have the option to pay real money to speed up leveling of your characters and unlock other stuff... (And of course those games seems to be exclusively on mobile where there's an app store with in-game transaction APIs, so, no PC version I'm afraid. Probably Windows Store, maybe, but that would be a Metro app.) But eh, this is Iron Maiden we're talking about. Epic music for sure as well as the epic lore that comes with it. I wonder if it makes up for it, and the only way to see is to play it, I guess?
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Are you sure it's pay-to-win? I haven't heard any review complaining about it. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was like that. On a side note someone should really make a parody of Pay to Win games on PC. For example, its store could claim it's current out of service and come back later, but basically every single thing in the game would say Unlock the intro with 50 pts. Unlock leveling up with 50 pts. Unlock village shops with 50 pts. Unlock the first dungeon with 50 pts. And so on.

I guess it's fine if the game doesn't abuse Pay to win, though, like Pokémon Go or certain MMORPGs. That said, even if it does, then die hard Maiden fans will pay everything. I personally won't. I would rather support the band by buying physical merchandise.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on September 01, 2016, 03:45:17 AM
Are you sure it's pay-to-win? I haven't heard any review complaining about it. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was like that. On a side note someone should really make a parody of Pay to Win games on PC. For example, its store could claim it's current out of service and come back later, but basically every single thing in the game would say Unlock the intro with 50 pts. Unlock leveling up with 50 pts. Unlock village shops with 50 pts. Unlock the first dungeon with 50 pts. And so on.
http://armorgames.com/play/3955/upgrade-complete

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on September 01, 2016, 03:45:17 AM
I guess it's fine if the game doesn't abuse Pay to win, though, like Pokémon Go or certain MMORPGs. That said, even if it does, then die hard Maiden fans will pay everything. I personally won't. I would rather support the band by buying physical merchandise.
It's just screaming pay to win to me. And saw at least one review about it. Whether they did it well, I have no idea, though. And the money would definitely go to the devs, although Iron Maiden probably want some money from the music licensing. Anyway, better buy the merch and CDs indeed.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

About that Upgrade game, I was thinking more of a serious-looking and legit game, but with everything locked. And I see. I'll have to try the game I guess or read reviews. The issue with band-based games, though, is that the band fans will always praise everything or close about them, so finding an accurate review might be hard.