Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Zelda remade in voxels

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, April 04, 2016, 05:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman313

You could add more and maybe even a "choice" element. Some RPGs let you choose the dark side if you wanted.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Elements might be nice. That's what I planned for First Fantasy II (you would get elemental protection when equipping certain magic). But it might be better to keep an ARPG simple to start with, plus maybe some enemies could use different spells. Fire could become fire balls, lightning could be replaced with laser shots, regular attacks would be removed (you would lose HP when touching the enemy) and the other spells would also become projectiles or something.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

Dudeman313

Though that's not what I meant(I've got to work on clear descriptions), that is also a great idea.
What I meant to say is that some RPGs (I can't remember where I saw this) allow you to choose, by your actions, follow the path of good or evil.
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh right. Some games actually have one story but that can be seen from one character's perspective or the other. Sometimes, one is the good guy and the other the bad guy, but other times you just choose a different character. Also, in older RPGs I remember where you had to answer various questions at the start in order to create your hero.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

The game I'm referencing was one where you got to chose whether or not to help certain people or fight for different sides in quests.
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh ok. Could you recruit them?

Dudeman313

No, but that sounds cool.

Example: At the beginning, the character was a small boy, and some soldiers were fighting this evil lady that was there when she and the other evil dudes were murdering the boy's father, and you can choose to help her or not.
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah I think I know the type of games. But I can't remember any from the 90's that had a similar style. All I know is that this sounds like something that would appear in games like Fable, Skyrim and MMORPGs.

garvalf

Sorry.

This URL has been excluded from the Wayback Machine.

those ***$& at nintendon't have also made a request to remove it from there... I'm sure the game was better than the idiotic android app they've launched. Do you know how I could grab this game please?
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ fr, TI-82
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: c64, zx spectrum, atari st, sega megadrive, sega master system, nintendo NES, gameboy...

Dudeman313

I think the source is somewhere...?

Maybe it's possible to download it somehow.  :-\
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: garvalf on April 23, 2016, 06:45:19 PM
Sorry.

This URL has been excluded from the Wayback Machine.

those ***$& at nintendon't have also made a request to remove it from there... I'm sure the game was better than the idiotic android app they've launched. Do you know how I could grab this game please?

I'm not surprised. I bet torrents or mirror sites exists, though. I think @Streetwalrus might know some :P

Also Miitomo caused an uproar because they block rooted devices.

c4ooo

Quote from: Dudeman313 on April 06, 2016, 09:36:44 PM
That's great! I hope Nintendo doesn't find it, though.  :-\
I think they did :(

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah, as mentioned above. That said, we know a secret location I think. But it could go down at any moment. I think the best thing to do to avoid legal issues is that people just record gameplay and put it on Youtube in HD, or put it on torrents.

That said, I still wish the game was remade in a way that didn't require being hosted on a server or something.

Also, we still have that 3D Nes emulator thing that can probably do the job well with some games.

EDIT: It's now on Github apparently. h t t p s : / / github.com/scottlininger/zelda30tribute

Dudeman313

The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

For now, at least. Maybe Nintendo won't be fine with them redistributing their graphics and music in such project either. What I think is that they'll eventually have to change the models and music and remove Zelda references from the game.