Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[gLib][3d][z80][ez80] gLib a fast 3D asm/axiom library

Started by TheMachine02, January 19, 2015, 05:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

TheMachine02

Mmmmhh  don't know. Speed could improve by only rendering these dot, but it still need to find a way to know wich dot to render. As vertex normal can't really be used for this (as it lead to strange/bad result), giving point face appartenance followed by a dot with face normal/camera could work, but it is pretty much heavy (and I'll need to add normal to my converter, as well as face, and I am lazy to do it  :P maybe yelling at me "gLib" could works but blah. Weather is too hot here to think XD)

Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

It's only 18°C today :P

Good luck TheMachine02
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

Whoa that deer looks awesome O.O did you program that or did you use a data file?
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Snektron

Maybe he generated a piece of code. That's what i did with my rickroll thing

TheMachine02

I converted a obj file of a low ploy deer model found on the net (free of use of course), to a gLib friendly format and render it. So data file  :P

DarkestEx

Quote from: TheMachine02 on June 05, 2015, 07:42:06 AM
Most likely, indeed. Line are much more slower compared to dot. Backface will help a little, but problem is line redraw between face (~230 faces)

EDIT : new model! A deer, with 832 vertices, at ~1.5fps

EDIT2 : fixed broken screen.
Wooha, awesome  O.O
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

alexgt

Quote from: TheMachine02 on June 07, 2015, 09:12:20 AM
I converted a obj file of a low ploy deer model found on the net (free of use of course), to a gLib friendly format and render it. So data file  :P
Awesome!! I really want to get into 3D stuff especially with the HP Prime but I have to learn Java over the summer because that is the language that we will use in the robotics club at school.

Snektron

You might want to look at LWJGL. (also f you wan't my engine containing basi classes for the window and stuff just say so ;))

alexgt

Awesome! I will most definitely use this over the summer :)

TheMachine02

Yeah LWJGL is pretty much one of the best java openGl API. Even minecraft use it ... but badly  :P
That being said, still in optimisation, so vertex transform (projection+rotation) is about ~3300 TStates (about 30% faster than version 3.0.00) , wich is fairly good, now I am in the cache code, where most improvement will bee (about 35% faster forclipping setup, vertex fetch/cache)

Also, the game I am doing with this is paused, so don't expect it coming next week (that is, filling issue). But I'll definitly post a thread about it when I'll have a demo.

Snektron

TheMachine02

alexgt