Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

HP Prime Projects

Started by alexgt, April 17, 2015, 06:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snektron

You can try, but that probably requires quite complex matching. You'll probably be even better of making your own language :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: alexgt on August 19, 2015, 11:53:28 AM
I could make it part of the SIFS program editor that when you exit it inserts semi colons where it is needed :).
That could work too. Just make sure it won't insert them when unwanted, though, such as after sprite data.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

^Yeah it is more complex than it seems, I will probably start on the editor next week then I will definitly see how hard it will be O.O
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

Good luck theb. Hopefully it won't be too hard. >.<

That reminds me, would syntax coloring be too slow?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

Not to slow the only problem I am facing is how to figure out where to place the cursor with touch gestures <_<

Unicorn

Great to see progress on sifs, hopefully it won't be toooo hard to get working :)
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

It will definitly be a great challenge I just hope I am not to stupid when I try and squish bugs xD

Unicorn

What kind of bugs? Moths? :trollface:
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Probably radioactive croaches O.O

Unicorn

What?And about the touch, maybe make is very presice when holding it down?

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: alexgt on August 23, 2015, 11:44:52 PM
Not to slow the only problem I am facing is how to figure out where to place the cursor with touch gestures <_<
You could simply divide the clicked location by the amount of pixels in height that each line of text takes? Basically, if the editor shows 16 lines of text at once then divide the touchscreen gesture value by 16. That way it will place the cursor where you want.

Quote from: alexgt on August 27, 2015, 02:43:02 PM
Probably radioactive croaches O.O
There's actually a movie involving radioactive croaches :P

alexgt

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on September 01, 2015, 02:29:48 AM
Quote from: alexgt on August 23, 2015, 11:44:52 PM
You could simply divide the clicked location by the amount of pixels in height that each line of text takes? Basically, if the editor shows 16 lines of text at once then divide the touchscreen gesture value by 16. That way it will place the cursor where you want.

Quote from: alexgt on August 27, 2015, 02:43:02 PM
Probably radioactive cowroaches O.O
There's actually a movie involving radioactive cowroaches :P
Positioning the cursor onscreen isn't really the biggest challenge it is when I need to edit the string of code which is on one line there fore I would have to find how many extra characters I skipped forward or back.

also what did those roaches look like?!?!?!

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh I see now. I hope you can find a workaround.

And the croaches in the movie looked similar but ate human flesh.

alexgt

Yeah, I have an Idea but it is not the most efficient <_<