Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

DJ Omnimaga goes live (Twitch.tv & Youtube gaming/MTVMG livestreams)

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, October 22, 2017, 06:06:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Une nouvelle ère commence bientôt sur mon canal Youtube et Twitch: Je vais faire des live stream de jeux action-RPG japonais, Paladins (plus tard), les jeux rétros et je vais même vous montrer comment je fais de la musique sur MTV Music Generator (Music 2000) sur PSOne. Bien sûr, je vais continuer aussi à poster mes chansons sur Youtube comme avant. L'utilisation du micro sera rare jusqu'au mois d'Avril, par contre.

A new era is about to begin for my Youtube and Twitch.tv channels: I will now make live streams of myself gaming at various Japanese action-RPG's, Paladins (not now, though), retro consoles and I will even showcase how I create my own music on MTV Music Generator (Music 2000)! Of course, I will also continue posting music videos on Youtube like before. Also, I will often have my mic muted until April, but there are times you might hear me talk beforehand anyway.

Make sure to subscribe or follow me below:

https://www.youtube.com/user/DJOmnimaga

By the way, for Playstation 4 live streaming, I am not using the built-in streaming feature, because it only allows you to stream to 1 service at a time. I do not like Twitch because they take down your videos after 2 weeks automatically (or 60 if you got a paid account), while Youtube keeps them online indefinitely. However, for more visibility I wanted to use Twitch and Youtube simultaneously for my live streams. At first, to get around this, I was streaming the Youtube live feed from my computer on Twitch (Yo dawg I herd u lieked streams so I put a stream in your stream so you can play live while you can play live), but I wanted a custom overlay around the game footage with pictures, text and social account IDs. So here is what I did:

-I installed OBS, a game streaming client that supports custom overlays.
-I signed up on Restream.io, which lets you stream to 2 services at once for free.
-I installed PS4 Remote Play, so that I can
-However, in order to use my PS4 gamepad on the PS4 and use PS4 Remote Play software at the same time, I had to use my PS4 gamepad on the PC instead of console. Otherwise, the controller would turn OFF and turning it back ON would disconnect PS4 Remote Play. In turn, this caused my microphone to not work. So in order to get around this, I had to create a second PSN account. I use my main account on the PS4 with my controller, while on the PC I use the dummy account to connect to Remote Play.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Eh, while we're at it, I'm going to stream as well, been configuring my OBS for the past 3 hours or so.

Subscribe or follow me:
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

p2

dj: u should stream how u create music  :ninja: (watch me making music!!)
juju: u should do livestreams of playing on ur retro arcarde machine u build with ur bro ^^ ;D
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Dream of Omnimaga

So for CW's 3rd anniversary, which spans from Oct 24th (site creation) to Jan 1st (public opening), I did another livestream. This time, the theme was the TI-83, and since my friend ganjahusky (lezardgab on Twitch) was playing Battlefront II, I decided to play one of the only ARPGCS that doesn't suck: Star Wars: A New Hope, Part 1. I had issues with TilEm, though, because its keymapping is ced up (alpha keys types the wrong letters and there's no computer keyboard key associated to ALPHA), so I had to switch to enable the skin multiple times. Also, the game has no instructions.

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

I am gonna be live again in a few minutes to play Paladins, but on
instead (a popular channel from a real life friend) so you'll hear me talking in the back but him playing (and talking)

Dream of Omnimaga

Latest video (we tried lots of unlicensed or pirate bootlegs and random games)

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/231183273

It's on both Juju and Ganjahusky's channel:

http://twitch.tv/juju2143
http://twitch.tv/lezardgab

_iPhoenix_

• Calculators owned: Two TI-84+ CE's
Please spam here: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/spam/

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me
Evolution of my avatar: