Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Affiliation with Planète-Casio

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, December 26, 2014, 04:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

I am pleased to announce that CodeWalrus and Planète-Casio has established a link exchange together. Basically, at the bottom of every CW forum page, you will see a 88x31 button leading to Planète-Casio (right next to BroniesQC button). On Planète-Casio, you will see the 88x31 banner leading to CodeWalrus. This is not a partnership in the same way as some partnerships that occured in the TI community in recent years, so basically both websites will keep their independence, while still promoting each others via this banner exchange.

Open since 2004, Planète-Casio is now by far the largest francophone Casio forum and program archives in the calculator community. It also hosts regular contests for their members, many of which resulted in notable game releases. One of our most active members, Eiyeron, is also moderator there.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

• Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

pimathbrainiac

Well, I'm bach here too!

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Wa wait. I'm mod there? Ah right, 'been a while. Mods there are almost useless. We just have the rights to lock/edit/suppress posts.
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

pimathbrainiac

that's what a moderator does/should do :P mods moderate discussion.
Well, I'm bach here too!

Dream of Omnimaga

Indeed. Some sites have more mod powers but it depends.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 27, 2014, 03:10:55 PM
Indeed. Some sites have more mod powers but it depends.

Yeah, but I can't moderate correctly programs/program comment for instance ><. Merging and splitting posts/topics are impossible unless you edit the DB. I can't kick/ban any user and I don't have any power on the chatbox, so yeah, I'm green.

pimathbrainiac

ah okay. Are there multiple moderator levels?
Well, I'm bach here too!

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Eh no, the level higher than this is already Admin, so keys to FTP or any other admin thing.

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah I see. That said they don't get much troublemakers anyway. But mod powers can be handy during massive spam invasion from space.

Also CW will need at least 1 extra mod for opening. There will be an hiring run soon.

Dark Storm

Quote from: Eiyeron on December 27, 2014, 05:51:02 PMI can't kick/ban any user and I don't have any power on the chatbox, so yeah, I'm green.
You're wrong : commands are /kick Pseudo & /ban Pseudo  9_9

I hope this partnership will be great ! :D
French young Casio programmer.
If I do some (big) mistakes in english, could you correct me?

Dream of Omnimaga

Heya Dark Storm. And yeah it's more an affiliation than partnership actually, hence the link exchange. But I hope having PC here at the bottom of the page gives some users interest towards Casio models. We mostly do TI and HP stuff since we don't have much experience in Casios, but I plan to resume work on one of my RPG port at one point. :)

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Heh ho Dark Storm. Nice to see you there. Will you be active?

Dark Storm

Quote from: Eiyeron on January 01, 2015, 08:50:43 AM
Heh ho Dark Storm. Nice to see you there. Will you be active?
I don't know. I haven't any TI calc, so if I found some Casio good projects, I think I should be active. ;)
French young Casio programmer.
If I do some (big) mistakes in english, could you correct me?

Dream of Omnimaga

Maybe Casio programmers can find some inspiration from our TI/HP projects while TI/HP programmers can get inspiration from your Casio projects in the near future. For example I think Eiyreron revived his 9860G Super Hexagon game shortly after Matrefeytontias started his TI-83+ version. :)

Also you will notice that this forum has a lot of people who speak French (including myself and juju who live in Quebec) and dutch as native language. When it originally opened privately, there was only 1 person that spoke English as native language here. :P