Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Zarmina

Started by Yuki, August 24, 2016, 05:44:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

@unknownloner it depends. There are some rare instances where electronic or synth style music is used in adventure stuff, like MCoG season 1 and 3 (and to a lesser extent 2). Otherwise it depends.

Anyway glad the music stuff is sorted out for the most part. I'm gonna check Zarmina more into details soon. Also I liked the credits screen :D

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

kotu

• Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

unknownloner

@kotu That sounds awesome! My only complaint is the thing going on in the left channel; since it's hard-panned left with no presence on the right ear it feels a little weird on headphones. Other than that, I really like it! Maybe try adding a single echo (no feedback) that plays into the right ear? IDK.

/)

kotu

Quote from: unknownloner on December 10, 2016, 07:33:19 PM
@kotu That sounds awesome! My only complaint is the thing going on in the left channel; since it's hard-panned left with no presence on the right ear it feels a little weird on headphones. Other than that, I really like it! Maybe try adding a single echo (no feedback) that plays into the right ear? IDK.

thanks for the feedback you are very kind :)

i didn't realise that sound was panned to the left, it seems to be something to do with the filter setup on the synth, trying to find a workaround. thanks

*EDIT* fixed
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3

Yuki

• Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

p2

how could you do this? D:
After the entrence dialogue nd stuff I was soooo excited to see the actual game!! And then BOOOOM *to be continued* D:

It looks very, VERRY promising to me really love it ;D
Also I never realizrd DJ's music was that great for games xD
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

kotu

any progress on this @Juju ??

gonna be using some of my music soon? :) lol

Yuki

Been a bit busy with end of semester stuff, Christmas stuff, my job and such, so Zarmina took a bit of a pause, but page 4 is almost done. Still need some art for it and record a few lines, then we can publish it and move swiftly to page 5 and the rest.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

p2

of cause, that should be your main priority :)
But I can't wait to see the actual game :D OR even more of the intro, it's really awesome  :thumbsup:
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Yuki

Alright, small update, I'm currently designing the characters in Adobe Illustrator, I'm getting surprisingly not bad at this. Then I only have to draw some backgrounds and you should see something interesting on the site soon :P
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

kotu

Yuki

Alright, Zarmina pages 4, 5 and 6 coming real soon, with a soundtrack from @kotu. If you can translate things into something that isn't French or English, you're good at grammar and/or you're good at constructive criticism, guess I'll need you.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

tr1p1ea

Getting internal server error on English page?

Yuki

It works for me, weird.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

kotu

hi @Juju it works for me too, only, when i get to page 6, it starts playing a copy of my track Number over one that is already playing, so a clash

im using firefox

otherwise, i like the graphics, and the style of the piece. nice one!! :)