Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Smash Bros xLIBC ideas

Started by 123outerme, March 03, 2016, 12:43:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman313

That's probably a good idea. :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: 123outerme on March 08, 2016, 01:17:47 AM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 08, 2016, 12:34:11 AM
Scrolling would have decent speed since it's hardware scrolling, but my concern is how would you wrap around on big maps, collision-wise? I tried it with a Tunnel clone and it was a major f-word nightmare to code. Kerm re-used the code in his Flappy Bird clone so he could probably get away with most of the chore at least. First Fantasy map collision was also hard to code because it used both sides of the screen at a time. In your case, you would also have to deal with sprite collision when the characters are in the middle of the map, but with one being on the other GRAM area.

We should maybe split this into a new topic, by the way, since it's not Uvutu-related. :P
Yeah, that'd be a good idea. Maybe into a topic in my subforum that's called "Game Ideas" or whatever?
I was tempted to rename it to 123outerme's Smash Bros xLIB CSE ideas.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

Wouldn't you have to know if he planned on coding it in xLIBC or not first?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

123outerme

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 08, 2016, 02:43:00 AM
Quote from: 123outerme on March 08, 2016, 01:17:47 AM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 08, 2016, 12:34:11 AM
Scrolling would have decent speed since it's hardware scrolling, but my concern is how would you wrap around on big maps, collision-wise? I tried it with a Tunnel clone and it was a major f-word nightmare to code. Kerm re-used the code in his Flappy Bird clone so he could probably get away with most of the chore at least. First Fantasy map collision was also hard to code because it used both sides of the screen at a time. In your case, you would also have to deal with sprite collision when the characters are in the middle of the map, but with one being on the other GRAM area.

We should maybe split this into a new topic, by the way, since it's not Uvutu-related. :P
Yeah, that'd be a good idea. Maybe into a topic in my subforum that's called "Game Ideas" or whatever?
I was tempted to rename it to 123outerme's Smash Bros xLIB CSE ideas.
That's a good title, go ahead,
Quote from: Dudeman313 on March 08, 2016, 02:49:03 AM
Wouldn't you have to know if he planned on coding it in xLIBC or not first?
DJ knows I'm not the best ASM programmer, and it's not really possible in BASIC, so xLIBC it is.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CSE, TI-nspire Clickpad, TI-84+SE