Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Making forum skin mobile-friendly

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, January 14, 2015, 07:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

novenary

This one I'm aware of. It's probably a weird bug in the SMF CSS, couldn't find a fix for it. :/

But yeah the bugs aren't exactly top priority so I didn't make any time to look at them yet. :P (I'm aware of one or two others as well that I'm too lazy to fix).

CKH4

You can try opacity: .999; it's been known to work as an alternative to z-index.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

novenary

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah I didn't know about that opacity trick. I wasn't sure if the bug could be fixed via z-index so I was gonna suggest that, but if it can't be fixed that way, then disregard that, I guess.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

novenary

I tried z-index but iirc it either didnt work or broke something else (it already uses z-index btw).

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah there are like 10 layers around that part of the page. I had serious issues  myself with the navigation. It's because the navigation isn't intended to be placed there. Using a completely custom PHP template would fix it, but might cause issues when upgrading and might be too much effort for a forum skin that's not going to be SMF 2.1 compatible, let alone with 3.0.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

If I can figure it out I'll fix it, otherwise it's not very important.

Dream of Omnimaga

Indeed. By the way, have you gotten any luck with the member list?

novenary

novenary

Update: I just made the navbar a lot more usable for mobile users. :)
If you don't get the changes right away, try reloading the page a few times.

Snektron

It's indeed way better :) Thanks, Street
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

novenary

Hehe, wasn't hard. I just disabled links and changed the z-index of the dropdown.

CKH4

That is indeed much better, if you could make the link work the second time you click it that would be awesome.

I'd use JS to add onclick="return false" unless hover because I think that disables the redirect.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Disabling the links broke my habit but it's better than the original behaviour. Thanks.
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

novenary

Quote from: CKH4 on August 22, 2015, 10:42:19 AM
That is indeed much better, if you could make the link work the second time you click it that would be awesome.

I'd use JS to add onclick="return false" unless hover because I think that disables the redirect.
It's actually doable in pure CSS, let me try.
Meh, doesn't work.