Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

CEmu

Started by MateoConLechuga, December 30, 2015, 08:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

critor

Shouldn't this me moved to news or linked from the news ?

novenary

Yup, definitely.
I think Ivoah added it to articles yesterday but he doesn't have sufficient privileges to approve it so I had to do it.

Adriweb

We will provide binaries, of course, but we want the codebase to get a bit more stable first :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios
Co-founder & co-administrator of TI-Planet and Inspired-Lua

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Streetwalrus on December 31, 2015, 11:21:01 AM
Yup, definitely.
I think Ivoah added it to articles yesterday but he doesn't have sufficient privileges to approve it so I had to do it.
Yeah we need to fix that. And I agree about the news :3=
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

MateoConLechuga

Hello all! Don't know how much anyone has been following along, but some hacky file transfer has been implemented recently, so you can now send all file types except for TI apps and OS. Here's a gif of PacMan. I would really appreciate any help at all on making the disassembler (which is already prepared), and other parts and pieces of the debugger. Thanks to anyone who can lend a hand, and enjoy! :)

Dream of Omnimaga

Awesome Mateo. I can't wait to try it. By the way, do you plan to upload the emulator to ticalc.org in the future for more visibility, even if it means it's not always up to date?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

MateoConLechuga

Nah, I don't believe so. It just means another hassle all around. Just the release page on GitHub is where releasable versions for different platforms will be. Also, somewhat of an update: breakpoints for read/write/exec are done. We still need the disassembler and memory views though for actual debugging.

alexgt

Wow! great work, I have to try this out soon, exept school has now started again <_<
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: MateoConLechuga on January 04, 2016, 02:55:58 AM
Nah, I don't believe so. It just means another hassle all around. Just the release page on GitHub is where releasable versions for different platforms will be. Also, somewhat of an update: breakpoints for read/write/exec are done. We still need the disassembler and memory views though for actual debugging.
Ah ok, but the issue is that ticalc.org is the main hub for calculator downloads, yet the last emulator ever released on ticalc.org is VirtualTI, back in 2000, so when people visit ticalc.org to look for a TI-83+/84+/CSE/CE emulator, that's all they find. It's still even 3rd in the weekly downloads list.

It's your choice, though. Maybe it's time for Travis and Nikky to consider adding support for Github repositories for important open-source calculator releases or allow you to just upload a link to the Github repo? TI-Planet allows external download links to specific websites, same for CodeWalrus. (EDIT: It seems that their emulator pages now includes off-site emulators and even encourages people to use them. See http://www.ticalc.org/programming/emulators/software.html . It would still be cool if people could upload download links in ticalc archives, though, for special files like those)

Also I'm glad to see new additions :)

Dream of Omnimaga

So apparently @Adriweb made this O.O

I am curious about how fast it will run if a TI-Nspire port gets finished.

Also, Pimath posted binaries for Win32 on Cemetech, but I cannot get them to work because the file has no .exe/.msi extension.

Adriweb

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 06, 2016, 02:26:02 AMSo apparently @Adriweb made this O.O

I am curious about how fast it will run if a TI-Nspire port gets finished.
It's pretty slow right now... probably because I'm memcpying the LCD buffer of the CE to the Nspire's (I'm looking into how I can just tell the LCD controller to use another address...)
But hey, it works.

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 06, 2016, 02:26:02 AMAlso, Pimath posted binaries for Win32 on Cemetech, but I cannot get them to work because the file has no .exe/.msi extension.
Eh, his nightlies are just .zip files. So, add the extension if it's missing, extract it, and launch the .exe, there's no installer :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios

Dream of Omnimaga

I see, and thanks for the advice :3=

Adriweb

Meh, it's fast enough to be showable... (the boot is slow, yes):

Dream of Omnimaga

Not bad. The startup is slow, but typing stuff can be quite tolerable. Hopefully there can be more speed improvements in future versions, although for now I assume it would be better to focus on getting the PC emu fully functional.

Did it require many modifications, by the way?

Yuki

Quote from: Adriweb on January 06, 2016, 02:30:45 AM
It's pretty slow right now... probably because I'm memcpying the LCD buffer of the CE to the Nspire's (I'm looking into how I can just tell the LCD controller to use another address...)
But hey, it works.

What about using the address to the Nspire's LCD buffer directly as the CE's? Otherwise, that's pretty cool.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here