Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

One Tau - One Dance Parody

Started by JWinslow23, August 26, 2016, 01:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JWinslow23

I just made a new song! It's about tau (of course :P ), and it's a parody of "One Dance" by Drake.

https://clyp.it/oznzzc4z

It was a personal challenge to make a song about tau without mentioning pi by name. So, I just said "C over D, there's never much love for C over D" :P .

Lyrics are here:
Quote from: LyricsBaby, I like your tau

Then 318
You know that's tau, OK?
C over ra-
-dius is what I say
Even when it's test day
C over D, there's never much love for C over D
I pray it's never on our math sheets,
I pray, I pray

That's why I need a one tau
Gotta calculation right now
One full turn when I go
No conversions taking a hold on me
I need a one tau
One full turn when I go

Baby, I like your tau

Sense and elegance
All I'm wishing for radians
Nobody knows tau's the constant
I had to bust up the silence
You know you gotta do it rightly
Soon as you answer, do it consisely
I don't wanna spend time writing
We've got no time

And that's why I need a one tau
One full turn when I go
I need a one tau
One full turn when I go

Baby, I need to know, where do your circles go?
Cause if you're tau, I'll make it so
Make your circle whole
Where, where, where
Where, where, where, where
Where, where, where
Where, where, where, where
Cause if you're tau
Cause if you're tau
Cause if you're tau

I need a one tau
One full turn when I go
I need a one tau
One full turn when I go

What do you think? I know there were some autotune glitches, but other than that, how is it?

Dream of Omnimaga

Lol I love it actually and it's well done. :D The only thing is that some parts seems to not be as loud as others. Was that intentional?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

JWinslow23

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on August 31, 2016, 03:26:01 AM
Lol I love it actually and it's well done. :D The only thing is that some parts seems to not be as loud as others. Was that intentional?
Whoops, that wasn't intentional, sorry. I'm not sure how to make the volume level relatively constant without it either sounding choppy or low-quality (which is why I'm not a music producer :P ). But thanks for the compliment!

EDIT: The "6 point, 6 point, 6 point 2 8, it's" part is supposed to be a bit quiet, though.

Dream of Omnimaga

If you're just recording your voice, Audacity has compression filters, which makes the overall volume the same across the entire track. But abusing it might result into the quiet parts picking up. Here is an example of compression filter abuse (which many popular songs do due to the loudness war:)

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

JWinslow23

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on September 03, 2016, 05:08:20 AM
If you're just recording your voice, Audacity has compression filters, which makes the overall volume the same across the entire track. But abusing it might result into the quiet parts picking up. Here is an example of compression filter abuse (which many popular songs do due to the loudness war:)

I'll use it in my next song, thanks.

c4ooo

Butbutbut autotune is cheating :trollface:
Anyways I would prefer a song to have diffrating  volume and pitch levels in the vocals else it just becomes monotone and emotionless.

c4ooo

Well, that basically why i prefer older rock and metal over modern music :P

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: c4ooo on September 03, 2016, 03:10:24 PM

Butbutbut autotune is cheating :trollface:
Anyways I would prefer a song to have diffrating  volume and pitch levels in the vocals else it just becomes monotone and emotionless.
It depends how it's executed. If it just sounds like you move away from the mic at the wrong moment rather than legit special emotion effects, then you might as well just use compression. :p