Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

OS WAR!

Started by LD Studios, January 08, 2015, 12:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LD Studios

Quote from: Juju on January 08, 2015, 07:16:17 AM
I'm on Windows Vista >.>

(yes I know this computer came with it and we never bothered upgrading it)
Vista might be my favorite windows operating system. I know it has its flaws, but its definitely the cleanest, most visually appealing, and has the best taskbar by far.

pimathbrainiac

*cough*Windows 7*cough*
Well, I'm bach here too!

Snektron

Quote from: LD Studios on January 08, 2015, 12:58:36 PM
Vista might be my favorite windows operating system. I know it has its flaws, but its definitely the cleanest, most visually appealing, and has the best taskbar by far.
wat.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

novenary

You can bring back the old taskbar on newer versions. And 8/8.1 actually looks cleaner. :P
I'm actually digging some changes they made since 7 (and no I'm not worshiping ms anytime soon, I have windows solely for the purpose of gaming. :P

brentmaas

Lel I glitched Omni

novenary

If factor in that Linux > any Windows then you're wrong.

Btw can we really say we're drifting off topic since there's no topic ? :trollface:

brentmaas

Quote from: Streetwalrus on January 08, 2015, 03:06:28 PM
If factor in that Linux > any Windows then you're wrong.

Btw can we really say we're drifting off topic since there's no topic ? :trollface:
Windows as client, not server.
Lel I glitched Omni

aetios

What do you mean? Do you mean that linux is only good for servers? Because that's not true :P
ceci n'est pas une signature

novenary

We're quite a bunch here to run Linux on our dekstops/laptops on a daily basis. If windows was better we wouldn't have switched. :P

Oh also, if you have an Android phone, it's linux too.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

And if you have an Ithing, it's an *nix, cousin of linux, belonging to the while UNIX family (more specifically, it's a fork from BSD)
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Snektron

Im using windows for my desktop too, but i also use linux (ubuntu) for my laptop (which i use as server since its screen is broken). My fathers desktop uses linux debian, but it has the WORST user interface (gnome 3 i believe, the one without a desktop).
Also: android best mobile os

novenary

Hmmm gnome 3 sucks balls yes, but other desktops like KDE (though this needs a pretty beefy machine because omg resources), Mate (gnome 2 fork), or Xfce are much nicer. I myself use a custom desktop environment though, because I prefer to use a tiling window manager and I use terminal based software most of the time. :P

Snektron

It all depends on whats your intentions are to use it for
in the end (it doesnt even matter)

Dream of Omnimaga

The lack of a classic start menu is the only reason that makes me hate Windows 8 and 8.1. I'll skip straight to Windows 10
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Exactly why dont have 8 or 8.1.
Also theyre just being lazy, porting mobile osses to desktop  <_<