Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[Android] TwoStep - The challenging puzzle game!

Started by DarkestEx, February 12, 2015, 04:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

By the way, did you wowork on this  again lately? I was also wondering ifif you planned aa port for color calculators?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

DarkestEx

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 01, 2015, 11:04:38 PM
By the way, did you wowork on this  again lately? I was also wondering ifif you planned aa port for color calculators?
Well, I was working on the calculator version again which is right now active, as for the app, I'm waiting for the textures from AliceIsDead.
No, I'm not planning a port for color calculators, as there's no sense to it. I don't own any color calculator, nor any rom for them. Also, I'd have no idea where to start porting it and I'd have to rewrite the whole game and redo every texture and I'd have to buy a color calculator, which makes no sense, as I don't need one. But if anybody feels like porting it to the color series, you can obtain permission from me (ask me via pm).
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah ok I was wondering since you had disappeared. As for the color version it's fine. Maybe someone could eventually do an xLIB or ASM port of it for those calcs.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

DarkestEx

Is codewalrus closing? I read your cemetech and your new post here on omnimaga and i'm afraid, this site is going to be closed down.
Is that right?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

Dream of Omnimaga

It almost did, but Juju wanted to take over the hosting funding and stuff, so CodeWalrus will remain open under his heel and possibly donations from other users.

However I don't think I will ever come back to Omnimaga unless some criterias are met (which is unlikely) and the SAX shoutbox on Cemetech. So I'll mostly be here and perhaps to a lesser extent Cemetech forums (I never posted very much to begin with there)

I also need to cross post that topic here but I need to edit it first because I don't want people to think that I'm leaving here now (I think I might need a hiatus in a few months tho)

DarkestEx

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 04, 2015, 05:18:41 PM
It almost did, but Juju wanted to take over the hosting funding and stuff, so CodeWalrus will remain open under his heel and possibly donations from other users.

However I don't think I will ever come back to Omnimaga unless some criterias are met (which is unlikely) and the SAX shoutbox on Cemetech. So I'll mostly be here and perhaps to a lesser extent Cemetech forums (I never posted very much to begin with there)

I also need to cross post that topic here but I need to edit it first because I don't want people to think that I'm leaving here now (I think I might need a hiatus in a few months tho)
Ah, ok. Is it safe to use the site and post on here, or could all of this be deleted from one day to another without anyone letting us know?

Dream of Omnimaga

It should be fine (and perhaps the best way to ensure its long term future actually. One of the reason why closing the site was initially considered is that in the last few weeks, all our newer members started disappearing one after another without really telling why, so we had no clue how to fix this). The initial announcement before Juju's change of plan would have allowed a grace period anyway so people would have still been able to post while we decide what to do with the site (in the worst case scenario it would have been read-only).

But now it doesn't really matter since he took over. So it should be safe (unless our host shut down but then we have backups anyway)

DarkestEx

--deleted

CKH4

Yay update. The file is a .txt though so I'm guessing that you uploaded the wrong file.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

DarkestEx

Hmm, it does work for me.
The php page is working as a download counter aswell, and it fetches the latest version of the ressource "id".
Can you provide any more details? What does the txt show?

CKH4

Lots of random characters and occasionally text contained within the game. I guess my phone still has issues with .tk domains then.

DarkestEx

I actually don't think so.
The download I provided to you wrongfully, is hosted on my new, paid webhost with a .net domain.
Also, the file is intended to be downloaded by a pc and then flashed onto a TI-84+ or a TI-83+.
For the real android download, yes, it is still hosted on my old site.

CKH4

Oh, OK. I'm not really sure then but I'll try the one on your old site.

Dream of Omnimaga

Where is the file? One of your post says "-deleted" so I assume you removed the link. I am curious, though, since I would like to try it. As for CKH4 issue I remember I had this happen a lot in the past with Opera Presto-based browser and I think it happened in Firefox too. But it's only on a few websites that it did, usually when downloading forum attachments. I haven't gotten that issue in ages, though.

Snektron

Strange it doesn't download properly, you'd expect it to be the browser's fault
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...