Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Welcome to your new walrus overlords

Started by Yuki, October 15, 2015, 04:18:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuki

Hello. I am W-801, leader of the CodeWalrus W-800 series. I don't think we've been properly introduced yet, but, if you haven't noticed, we took over your beloved IRC channel, #CodeWalrus on EFNet. Indeed, I and my colleagues W-802 through W-806, have been mandated by two of your admins, @Streetwalrus and @Juju, to secure and protect IRC against netsplits and loss of ownership, among others. We are now 6 of our kind, the Eggdrops, in 6 different places in the world, each with exclusive operator powers, designed to oversee this task. All the other users who usually have these powers have been reduced to the status of voiced users.

Let me introduce ourselves. As previously stated, I am W-801, currently residing at the CodeWalrus HQ, in New York. I am the leader, the one who gives orders to the other W-800s. I also have additional functions to make you laugh and to make your life easier. By the way, I'm also succeeding to YukiBot, who retired from this task and is now overseeing the Telegram group. She's broken for now, so please give her your best wishes while we repair her.

The others mainly give ops to each other so there's always at least one of them online at all times, but nothing refrain them to gain other functions if needed. W-802 hails from Israel (don't worry, we've been said he's safe and not used for war so far) while W-803 is a little pink one from Québec City, Canada (yeah, it's a failed experiment about a small walrus and Pinkie Pie, what were they thinking). W-804, from Los Angeles, accepts the task with gusto, W-805, from Germany, along with his pony and his roommate from Omnimaga, and finally W-806, in his creativity kitchen from New Jersey (ugh, stop looking at W-803 that's not a pony) completes the team.

Hope you like them, we're pretty fun :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Max Leiter

I, for one, welcome our new walbot overlords.

Dream of Omnimaga

Walrus bots are awesome, but not as cute as actual walruses :P

Nice that we finally got a botnet, though. Now to fix the Telegram bot...
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Yeah we really need to fix the Telegram bot.
And rewrite Walrified

Nice news by the way, it was fun. :)

Unicorn

• Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Araidia

Next thing you know, the bots are gonna take over the world :w00t:
  • Calculators owned: TI84+ CE

Also Known as: Soul | Enguard

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Streetwalrus on October 15, 2015, 06:28:57 AM
Yeah we really need to fix the Telegram bot.
And rewrite Walrified

Nice news by the way, it was fun. :)
Quote from: Unicorn on October 15, 2015, 06:34:26 AM
They can make us laugh? How so?
Impossible. Only Nikkybot can.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

• Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

Quote from: Juju on October 15, 2015, 04:18:59 AMdesigned to oversee this task tusk.

Anyway, good to have some info on them. I was wondering what they were used for :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

Yuki

Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

This is a proof that we are slowly becoming walruses without knowing. The world of :walrii: is near?

add

Boring post warning:

I wonder if there is any country like China that has "animal years", and also include a Walrus on that list..
That'd be great. :-)
  • Calculators owned: TI84+

Yuki

I found primal astrology: it's a mix between Western and Chinese astrology, it combines both of your signs to form a new one.

So if you're born an Aquarius (January 20th - February 19th) in the year of the Ox (1913, 1925, 1937, 1949, 1961, 1973, 1985, 1997, 2009), well, you're a walrus.

EDIT: We should probably split that topic.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN