Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Unknown Tablet Issues [Android] [DIGILAND]

Started by Dudeman313, November 06, 2016, 10:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman313

I have this 7" Digiland android tablet that won't startup for some strange reason. I know it gets warm and charges, but it won't display a thing. Maybe the display got disconnected? It was owned by my 4 year old sister until it stopped functioning.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

p2

better not charge it for too long if its not properly working ^^
try connecting it to a computer to see if the device is recognized. If it's just the screen, it should be shown correctly at the pc (new device: strange tablet) :)
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Dudeman313

The answer is "Sure."

p4nix

That's not really the truth. Even if the tablet notices it's connected to a PC you'd still have to choose 'Media Transfer' and not 'Only Charging' from a menu in order for it to appear on your computer.
So you have to find another way. But to be honest, chances that you can repair that tablet with your knowledge are low. Maybe this motivates you to prove me wrong though.
  • Calculators owned: fx9860GII (SH4)

p2

iirc this might help:
press power, home, volume+ and volume- all at the same time for a couple of secs. that will boot in a special whatever mode that should mke almost every device being visible without any firther adjustments. (works for every smartphone and tablet I know)
then it should show *something* up. or at least make a sound at the computer when it noticed there's something plugged in.
if it does, that's a good sign xD
problem: I dont know how to quit this mode without taking out the battery xD (for some devices just the power button helps, for others it doesnt...

*** this information is inaccurate and incomplete, feel free to slap me with stinky fishes ***
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)

p4nix

Quote from: p2 on November 08, 2016, 03:07:18 PM
(works for every smartphone and tablet I know)
Says the one with a pre-smartphone-era Nokia :trollface:
  • Calculators owned: fx9860GII (SH4)

Dudeman313

Quote from: p4nix on November 08, 2016, 03:01:52 PM
That's not really the truth. Even if the tablet notices it's connected to a PC you'd still have to choose 'Media Transfer' and not 'Only Charging' from a menu in order for it to appear on your computer.
So you have to find another way. But to be honest, chances that you can repair that tablet with your knowledge are low. MaybNie this motivates you to prove me wrong though.
Nope. I've given up.

iirc this might help:
press power, home, volume+ and volume- all at the same time for a couple of secs. that will boot in a special whatever mode that should mke almost every device being visible without any firther adjustments. (works for every smartphone and tablet I know)
then it should show *something* up. or at least make a sound at the computer when it noticed there's something plugged in.
if it does, that's a good sign xD
problem: I dont know how to quit this mode without taking out the battery xD (for some devices just the power button helps, for others it doesnt...

*** this information is inaccurate and incomplete, feel free to slap me with stinky fishes ***
Naww. I already tried all variations of that anyway.

Quote from: p4nix on November 08, 2016, 03:18:07 PM
Tee hee
The answer is "Sure."

p2

Quote from: p4nix on November 08, 2016, 03:18:07 PM
once there was a time, you know, where I had an iPhone... :(
It was fixed 3 times, adn the back had a different color than the front...
and 2 buttons weren't working from the beginning....
and I was the 4th owner...
But still I really loved it.
But then I broke it (the battery + the power button) :'( :'(

It was a gift from my old teacher...

since that day I never had a smartphone again...

Dream of Omnimaga

You seem to be very unlucky with phones p2. I had the same problem with Xbox consoles >.< (first 360 didn't detect wireless gamepads then RRoD'ed a few years later, second didn't read discs most of the time and my Xbox One takes forever to install games)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U