Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[TI-83+ Series][Axe] 3 Pixels Tall

Started by CKH4, April 23, 2015, 12:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

semiprocoder

That raises another issue with time travel for me. Say you could time travel as much as you want. Also lets say you took, say, a gold bar back with you and store it somewhere. Then you take the gold and travel back to before you took it and put more gold. Then you keep doing that. Would this recreate all of your gold for you and make you infinitely rich?
  • Calculators owned: ti nspire, ti 84 plus se
My cemetech username is awesommee333.

CKH4

Eh well in that case I'd say that the gold bar would move to the place that you put it after you moved it.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

semiprocoder

So you're saying there would be no replication of gold bars?
  • Calculators owned: ti nspire, ti 84 plus se
My cemetech username is awesommee333.

CKH4

Unicorn

Yeah, because you would disappear to, when traveling, wouldn't an object, too?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: CKH4 on September 26, 2015, 09:51:23 PM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on September 26, 2015, 05:51:49 PM
Yeah that's what I thought. Ideally we wouldn't want to put too much stress on certain areas of the device, to prevent parts from breaking earlier than normal. Also what if the time travel was instant? O.O
For me it'd mean that I'd have like twice as much time.

Quote from: semiprocoder on September 26, 2015, 08:30:11 PM
Imagine having everything but your house slowed down like 100 times. How big of bills would you have to pay. For example, the avg. american house uses 908 kwh per month at 0.12 dollars per kwh. Then you would pay about 91 megawatts at 12 per killowatt. That translates to about 10.9 thousand dollars per month.
That is a good point for why slowed down time is a bad idea.
Slowed-down time might not be a bad idea like going back in time is.

It's hard to tell how going in the past or future would affect the present, because no one has managed to find out how to travel in time yet. After coming back from the past, would you appear in a new timeline or some sort of new dimension? Would stuff change gradually like in some Back to the Future scenes? Would stuff that you changed in the future remain that way once you come back in the present? And if after changing the past it didn't generate a new timeline, then how things would change around people in the present? Would it be gradual or instant?  Would stuff from the future you bring to the present disappear like anything you would take from the past?

In any case, if time travel ever became a thing, I hope it doesn't fall in the wrong hands. >.<
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

SiphonicSugar

So anyway, how is progress going with this game?
  • Calculators owned: TI-89, TI-84 Plus, TI-92, TI-84 Plus C SE, and TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad
I'm just trying to grab some inspiration. :P

alexgt

I was wondering the same :P

Do you know @CKH4 ?
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

I think CHK4 moved on from calcs and CW in general D: (at least, from what he told me once)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

CKH4

Ah well I'm still watching topics but sadly I have moved on from calculator programming to JavaScript. I'm planning on staying reachable though so if anyone needs anything feel free to ask.

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: CKH4 on January 23, 2016, 03:56:01 AM
Ah well I'm still watching topics but sadly I have moved on from calculator programming to JavaScript. I'm planning on staying reachable though so if anyone needs anything feel free to ask.
Codewalrus isn't only about calcs, though :walrii:

SiphonicSugar

Well it would still be cool if you could give someone your source code for it or something...
Then at least one RPG that has been started will be finished for once... :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-89, TI-84 Plus, TI-92, TI-84 Plus C SE, and TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad
I'm just trying to grab some inspiration. :P

alexgt

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 23, 2016, 03:14:42 PM
Quote from: CKH4 on January 23, 2016, 03:56:01 AM
Codewalrus isn't only about calcs, though :walrii:
Very true ;)

Quote from: SiphonicSugar on January 23, 2016, 03:20:07 PM
Well it would still be cool if you could give someone your source code for it or something...
Then at least one RPG that has been started will be finished for once... :P
That would also be nice ;)

CKH4

I'll keep sharing my projects as I finish them but right now they are few and far between.

Attached is the source code. Its two files and I'm not sure if its in working condition. If you have any questions about what things do, feel free to ask and I will try to help as much as possible.