Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[gLib][3d][z80][ez80] gLib a fast 3D asm/axiom library

Started by TheMachine02, January 19, 2015, 05:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CKH4

Yeah I can tell for some of them. Surprisingly my 3d cube was pretty fast compared to those and it was in pure basic.

Also @TheMachine02 in case you missed it.
I tried to compile testasm with Axe 1.2.2 but I get error axiom on gProject at the end of the program.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Haobo

Quote from: CKH4 on June 03, 2015, 04:50:29 PMI tried to compile testasm with Axe 1.2.2 but I get error axiom on gProject at the end of the program.

There is an issue with Axe files and axioms. You need to use the alpha version. I asked theMachine02 about it before, he said that the new version broke something with axioms or whatever. Here's a link to the updates page, I think it was the 1.2.1a version.
  • Calculators owned: Ti 84+, Ti 84+CSE
can't save
Flappy Bird Slow scrolling
2048 Crashes sometimes
Five Nights at Freddy's Very large

CKH4

I got the same error in 1.2.1 and in 1.2.0 I get the summaration symbol y.

Haobo

I can't find the email that themachine02 sent to before when I messaged him :(. He gave me a link to the version, and I was able to compile it afterwards. Either way, all it did was display a cube that could rotate, in case ya wanted to know what the testasm did.
  • Calculators owned: Ti 84+, Ti 84+CSE
can't save
Flappy Bird Slow scrolling
2048 Crashes sometimes
Five Nights at Freddy's Very large

TheMachine02

Humm.. yeah. Current version of axe is fairly broken with axiom.
I know there is a link somewhere on the net, but I kinda lost it. I can upload the 'good' version tomorrow if you want though. (Idk if I can do this though  :( ). At worst, send me PM/email, and I'll send it you back.

EDIT : I think it is this link : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34812306/Axe.8xk
Just right click and save.

CKH4

Quote from: Haobo on June 03, 2015, 08:05:09 PM
I can't find the email that themachine02 sent to before when I messaged him :(. He gave me a link to the version, and I was able to compile it afterwards. Either way, all it did was display a cube that could rotate, in case ya wanted to know what the testasm did.
Thanks for looking. I try to do edits rather than just to test it but nothing big. I used to use the non axiom version and that was fun but pretty slow compared to the new version.

Quote from: TheMachine02 on June 03, 2015, 08:35:25 PM
Humm.. yeah. Current version of axe is fairly broken with axiom.
I know there is a link somewhere on the net, but I kinda lost it. I can upload the 'good' version tomorrow if you want though. (Idk if I can do this though  :( ). At worst, send me PM/email, and I'll send it you back.

EDIT : I think it is this link : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34812306/Axe.8xk
Just right click and save.
Thanks. It works great now. Maybe you should ask Runner (is he the maintainer now?) if you can include that version in your .zip.

pimathbrainiac

Just would like to point out that the latest version of Axe can always be found here. As well as the latest development release.

EDIT: oh wait you were talking about having to go back in version... still, if the development release fixes the problem, it is the latest one.
Well, I'm bach here too!

TheMachine02

(Bad) looking bunny !

(imgur broken, idk why, see attachment)

I converted this low poly model from the standford one. I'll look better once I'll add line in there I guess  :P
It run pretty well for 148 vertices (at 6MHz).

Quote from: pimathbrainiac on June 04, 2015, 09:00:37 AM
EDIT: oh wait you were talking about having to go back in version... still, if the development release fixes the problem, it is the latest one.

Yeah, but older version doesn't fix the problem neither (or version <1.0) so, use developement version  :P

matrefeytontias

You better use backface culling on that :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+.fr, TI-Nspire CAS prototype, TI-84+ CSE, TI-Nspire CX
My TI games (some got their own article on non-calc websites !) : http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/authors/112/11202.html

My moozik (100% free metal) : http://www.soundcloud.com/matrefeytontias

TheMachine02

Yeah  :P  I have vertex normal, so it should be good to generate face normal in same time of face.

CKH4

Oh that looks nice. Will back face culling speed it up or will the calculations be too much? Also I can't wait to see other models in this.

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

Very impressive TheMachine02. Will adding lines slow it down a lot?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

TheMachine02

Most likely, indeed. Line are much more slower compared to dot. Backface will help a little, but problem is line redraw between face (~230 faces)

EDIT : new model! A deer, with 832 vertices, at ~1.5fps

EDIT2 : fixed broken screen.

Dream of Omnimaga

So much detail O.O

Now if only it was possible to sort the dots to only display the ones closer to sides without losing too much speed, you could probably make animations from such models and at low resolution it would still look cool.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U