Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Mr. Bob's Bad Day (Out?) A Text RPG [CE/CSE] [TI-BASIC]

Started by Dudeman313, March 08, 2016, 02:46:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman313

Well, it was going to be Bobo, but then someone was looking at my source code while I was editing the title, and they pronounced it "Boo-boo," so I made him Bob.
Also, the one this one is based off is about Bill, but other than that one, Bob is the first name you can think of that spells out "bozo." :P

I might add pictures when the entire game is complete after optimizations. And what does the Then command do?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Then is when you need more than 1 command for an If condition. For example:

If Condition
Do stuff

So you would do:

If Condition
Then
Do stuff
Do stuff 2
Do stuff 3
End

Also Boo-Boo sounds like a ghost character name :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

I use none of those in my program....
What conditions does the If command cover?

Well, it was a girl who I hate who snatched my precious CE, so
I decided to just change it.
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

If supports then and else.

If Condition
Execute the next line of code (only one).

If Condition
Then
    Execute
    this
    block of
    code
End

If Condition
Then
    Execute
    this
    code
Else
    Execute this
    code instead
End

You can also use And and Or. You should check TI-Basic Developer for info about the If command.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

Due to losing my CE and all the programs on it, I no longer have anything farther than the beta above.
Hopefully, I'll have time to pick this up sometime with SourceCoder3 and maybe if someone else can test it or is willing to pick it up, I'd appreciate that.
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

I hope eventually you can code from the computer D:

Dudeman313

If I ever get around to it, I'll post my progress.
The answer is "Sure."