Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

New member introductions: Say hello here!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 20, 2014, 02:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

p2

Welcome to the forum, Sorunome :)
Why dont you tell us a little bit more about yourself?
How about your other projects? How much experince do you have? What calculators do you own? ^^
If you need help with anything just feel free to ask any other forum member (not me) :)
Have fun :)

this is so ridiculous... <_<
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Sorunome

this is so ridiculous... <_<
This

Quote from: p2 on November 29, 2016, 02:33:00 PM
Welcome to the forum, Sorunome :)
I think i'm a member here longer than you, lol, thanks :P
Why dont you tell us a little bit more about yourself?
  • Pony going to university
  • Doing random things
    QuoteHow about your other projects?
  • Knex - a little ferris wheel
  • Programming - OmnomIRC and some gamebuino stuff
  • Art - some more artsy immages
  • Random stuff. I should chrochet something again
    QuoteHow much experince do you have?
    One could say a bit :P
    QuoteWhat calculators do you own? ^^
    Too many. My fav on to use for calculator-y stuff is my TI-89
    If you need help with anything just feel free to ask any other forum member (not me) :)
    Have fun :)

Ok then, have fun, too ^.^
  • Calculators owned: Too many (why are you even reading this?)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Gamebuino!
This is a signature.
And now......give me an internet!

To be or not to be.........is that even a question? Who gets to decide this anyways?

Dream of Omnimaga

You also forgot to mention about  the Axe/ASM ports of Reuben 1 and 2 :P. Anyway nice to see you around :3=

Also the crochet ponies and Knex machines were fun

EDIT Actually p2 joined Omni before you, but he was inactive for so long (almost 4 years) that it took until this Summer before he joins CW :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on November 29, 2016, 03:25:54 PM
EDIT Actually p2 joined Omni before you, but he was inactive for so long (almost 4 years) that it took until this Summer before he joins CW :P

ACTUALLY p2 didn't do the right welcome.

!welcome
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh right, I forgot about that 80's style pic with a small chunk of the Y letter missing :P

A true welcome includes a :walrii:, though
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Hoobagee

Hi all! I am Hoobagee. I'm in my mid-20s, I have an 83+SE, and I used to do a lot of TI-BASIC programming when I was in middle / high school. I didn't touch it for many years, but three weeks ago I felt inspired to make a new game out of nowhere, and so I bring you Hoobagees 4. Hopefully you enjoy it if you play it. I'm impressed to see that the TI community exists and seems to still be going strong after so many years. Way to go, everyone! :)

Sorunome

Hi.
The community will never die.
Absolutally never!
The community will spread to Mars.
And then it'll spread all accross the solar system, onwards to the galaxy!
One of the first things traveling on the first inter-planetary missions shall be graphing calculators. (Which use crappy display controllers)
And then, after the sun explodes, the calculator community still lives on. For all of eternity.

Oh, and also, enjoy your stay! ^.^
  • Calculators owned: Too many (why are you even reading this?)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Gamebuino!
This is a signature.
And now......give me an internet!

To be or not to be.........is that even a question? Who gets to decide this anyways?

Yuki

• Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

p2

welcome to the forum ^^
I'm really glad to see some more 83+/84+ developers around ^.^
(most guys concentrate on the CE now, but i dont hav one) xD

also really nice job, going from first idea//concept to released game in only 3 weeks  :thumbsup:
How long have you been programming on the 83+ and do you also work with other languages? (also pc ones) ^^

have fun <3

aaand have a walrus :walrii:
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)

Hoobagee

Thanks for the welcome!

About 10 years on the 83+, although with big gaps in there. I didn't do anything of value from 05-08, didn't touch it from 09-10, did some stuff in 11 and then didn't touch it again until now.

On the PC, Python and Lua.

Woo, Walrus! :)

Dream of Omnimaga

Hi @Hoobagee , nice to see you around and your game is fun so far. :) I hope you enjoy your stay.

And I agree about the TI community. While it's much smaller nowadays, there are always people who will find interest in programming for calculators and vintage platforms. And we have PC/console/mobile development sections and other things anyway, so we got plenty of users who don't do calculator stuff anymore who still stick around.

:3=

kitten

Hello! My username is "kitten", apparently. I don't exactly remember setting it as that, but, you know, whatever works. I have many pass-times, such as bricking my calculator, unbricking my calculator, and rebricking it in the way I bricked it in the first place! Fun. I'm meaning to learn to code, currently working on learning Python, but I frequently... don't do that. One might describe it as "laziness". I might describe it as "laziness". I have many devices, and not one will you find not having CFW, root, a jailbreak, or a hackintosh attempt (failed or otherwise). I've been on Omnimaga for a while, but since that site is pretty much dead (at least in the TI-Nspire section), I've decided to switch here. And, well, here I am!  :)

Dream of Omnimaga

Heya and welcome to the forums. I don't do TI-Nspire stuff myself but a bunch of users here have that calculator and gameblabla still releases some games and emulators. :)

As for Omnimaga, that's a long story (there's a topic somewhere here and until recently there was a text on someone's website explaining what happened) >.<

p2

welcome to the site, kitten  :thumbsup:
have another walrus:

What was your username back then on Omnimaga? :)
I myself have the nSphire as well as the nSphire CX CAS but dont really use them very much as I prefer the 84+ (not the CE) ^^
Also bricking ur calculator is a great way of learning, believe me xD

ztortat

Hey guys well i never realized there was a hello section but now i say hello

I am a person who loves music, math and screwing around with stuff and i realized that graphing calculator have the power of games and i see a small community and join! I play i lot of video games but mostly on my gameboy. I also love board games and building stuff.

ZTORTAT OUT