Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

What OS do you use?? (poll)

Started by kotu, April 05, 2017, 02:41:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So.... what OS do you use??

Windows 10
Windows 8
Windows 7
Windows XP, Vista or older
Linux
Mac OS
Other

p2

it should run about 3 or 4 times faster.
Also the FPS drops to 5-10 when I press E to view the inventory or press ESC to get to the menu...
For whatever reason Menus are a loooot more resource intensive than the game (crappy game code).

Also Look at this beauty I got trying to setup Java, pretty much sums it up:
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

_iPhoenix_

Guys, I seriously can get 1200 fps, that's not a typo.

I just have a this
  • Calculators owned: Two TI-84+ CE's
Please spam here: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/spam/

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me
Evolution of my avatar:

c4ooo

Quote from: _iPhoenix_ on April 10, 2017, 11:17:03 PM
Guys, I seriously can get 1200 fps, that's not a typo.

I just have a this
"3.0GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5 processor
16GB 1866MHz DDR3 ECC memory
Dual AMD FirePro D700 with 6GB GDDR5 VRAM each
256GB PCIe-based flash storage1"
$4000

vs
Intel 7700k -  4.50 GHz, 8 threads - $350
water cooler - $100
mobo - $ 150-250
gtx 1080 ti founder's edition - $700 (the best-est GPU)
256Gb M.2 SSD - $250
1 tb hdd - $50 (?)
16 gb of DDR4 ram - around $130
case - $50-100
total - 2055

You could save more with a 16 threaded AMD CPU, and a slightly less over-the-top GPU.

* c4ooo runs

p2

what kind of monster are you, betting an hdd anstead of an ssd for a computer that's going to be blessed with a 1080?  :ninja:

also yay my server got 2x Xeon as well, but no graphics card  :P
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)

_iPhoenix_

It seems I linked the wrong one XD, I have the USD2k one :P
  • Calculators owned: Two TI-84+ CE's
Please spam here: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/spam/

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me
Evolution of my avatar:

Unicorn

If you like macs, why not build a pc and then uh, hackintoah? :P but also, you should be able to select at least three, cuz what if you boot Win10, mac, and linux all on the same computer???
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

kotu

i thought 2 would be enough..... if you use 3, just select the 2 you use most.... that was my thinking.
  • Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

Alvajoy123

i use Windows 10 because it much easier move through file and much easy to program on
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CE
The maker of Xenon.

p2

The file explorer has almost no changes...?
But what script editors do you use? :)

Strontium

Currently rollin' Fedora on my Mac, going to install Void Linux on my new laptop once it arrives.
  • Calculators owned: TI Nspire CX, HP Prime
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: NES

aetios

Quote from: Unicorn on April 12, 2017, 10:24:18 AM
If you like macs, why not build a pc and then uh, hackintoah? :P but also, you should be able to select at least three, cuz what if you boot Win10, mac, and linux all on the same computer???
Quote from: kotu on April 13, 2017, 04:49:28 AM
i thought 2 would be enough..... if you use 3, just select the 2 you use most.... that was my thinking.
I took the liberty to edit the poll to allow for 3 selections.
ceci n'est pas une signature

kotu

I took the liberty of installing Windows 10 on my main machine  8)  it's nice
  • Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

Switchblade

I use several operating systems.  I normally run Windows 10, Ubuntu and Kali Linux nearly the same, Zorin OS very little, and Pinguy OS, Elementary OS, and RemixOS pretty much nil.  All except Windows 10 are VM's though  :blah:

Unicorn

Quote from: Switchblade on April 21, 2017, 01:06:37 AM
I use several operating systems.  I normally run Windows 10, Ubuntu and Kali Linux nearly the same, Zorin OS very little, and Pinguy OS, Elementary OS, and RemixOS pretty much nil.  All except Windows 10 are VM's though  :blah:
Does an andriod OS in a vm run well, @Switchblade?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Switchblade

Quote from: Unicorn on June 07, 2017, 04:57:01 AM
Quote from: Switchblade on April 21, 2017, 01:06:37 AM
Does an andriod OS in a vm run well, @Switchblade?

I tried running RemixOS in Virtual Box because it is supposed to be several times faster than Bluestacks. However, due probably to restrictions or something, I could not sign in with my Google account to test apps.  The OS itself seem to run kinda slow even though I gave it 4 GB of ram.  I think it would run a lot better in a dual boot.  There are also plain Android x86 vm downloads.

http://www.osboxes.org/virtualbox-images/