Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

SynText - A Program, Note, and App editor for the HP Prime [HP Prime][HP PPL]

Started by alexgt, November 12, 2015, 03:24:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexgt

SynText is a IDE for your HP Prime (I think) it is the first for the Prime :)
Features:
- None (started on the project less than an hour ago)

Planned features:
- Sick IDE with Syntax highlighting, color scheme, and touch responsive!!!
-  Awesome note editor
- Also it will be able to edit all of the current app's vars and functions inside the editor
Major progress tomorrow (hyped to get my Prime back ^.^)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

The main problem with the standard program editor is slow scrolling speed. I wonder how easy it would be to just scan through the code that is visible in the screen? Also maybe make it so it scrolls character by character.

Anyway I am curious about what you will come up with. Syntax highlighting should probably be kept last during development in case speed becomes a serious problem.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Strontium

How do you plan on doing the syntax highlighting? The first thing I can come up with is RegEx but I dont think the Prime supports those.
  • Calculators owned: TI Nspire CX, HP Prime
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: NES

alexgt

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on November 12, 2015, 07:57:54 AM
The main problem with the standard program editor is slow scrolling speed. I wonder how easy it would be to just scan through the code that is visible in the screen? Also maybe make it so it scrolls character by character.

Anyway I am curious about what you will come up with. Syntax highlighting should probably be kept last during development in case speed becomes a serious problem.
Yeah most of the stuff like that I will implement in the latter stages of development, right now I want a good IDE on calc so I can resume MinePrime ;)

Quote from: Strontium on November 12, 2015, 08:05:59 AM
How do you plan on doing the syntax highlighting? The first thing I can come up with is RegEx but I dont think the Prime supports those.
There is a command: INSTRING(String1,String2) that looks for String2 in String1 so when I am outputting the text to the screen I could use:

IFPos:=INSTRING(Code,"IF");
IF IFPos !=0 THEN
//make this text blue
END;

What that would do is look in the var Code for the string "IF" and then return it's position, I would use some fancy stuff to go word by word through each line displaying highlighted stuff (which really shouldn't take that big of a hit to the speed)

The way I am loading the program to be ready to edit is putting each line into a list and then having an {x,y} var for the cursor so I will be able to tell what row the cursor is in and also what character it is on, then I will piece it back together  and store it into the program's source.

Hope it made sense ;)

novenary

alexgt

Yeah but the text size will be a bit larger than normal so it won't be as hard to code/use the touch screen so it won't be that bad :)

alexgt

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE
Added v0.01
- Takes own source code and separates it line by line then stores it into LineList
that is all to edit what program it separates edit SynText and follow the instructions in the first function ;)

It is not on Github because it wan't working for me <_<

alexgt

Ok, I just realized how stupid I was in posting the above post (I never put a download there xD)

* alexgt slams head into desk

So here it is...xD

p4nix

No one noticed yet - you could have edited :P Did you had problems with uploading to github, or don't you want to upload? Good luck for new features in new updates!
  • Calculators owned: fx9860GII (SH4)

alexgt

I was using source tree (not that I am experienced with it i have only made 2 repositories) but it wasn't working,
I made a new repository and set the folder it got the files from,
then I put the file I wanted commit into the folder.
After that I pressed commit, and added the comment "v0.01"
I pressed commit and it did it, I did something to set up a remote named origin so I could puch it but then I got an error.

I think I did something wrong <_<

alexgt

Ok, there is a bug that has been squashed with the latest version so no worries but no further progress will be made till monday (mom took my calc away <_< only for the weekend tho ;))

Bug: Stopped separating program into parts at first new blank line of code

Dream of Omnimaga

Have you gotten any luck getting line break detection to work? I recall you had some troubles figuring out which character it was a few months ago.

Also I hope your parents won't ever do this O.O
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on November 15, 2015, 06:10:26 AM
Almost happened to my computers a couple times. <_< There's been physical damage but nothing major thankfully (save for the imac glass which cost 150 euros to replace ._.).

alexgt

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on November 15, 2015, 06:10:26 AM
Have you gotten any luck getting line break detection to work? I recall you had some troubles figuring out which character it was a few months ago.

Yes, I did find out how to do that, instead of putting a special character that took the place of a new line I just made a new line in the actual source like this:

INSTRING(ProgStr,"
"); //Returns the first occurrence of a new line in the string ProgStr

So the only difference from the actual character is that the code looks messy <_<

And wow, my parents never would do that to my calc but my dad got really mad once and threatened to break my computer O.O

Dream of Omnimaga

Ouch Streetwalrus x.x. ALso Alexgt does it mean that code edited with your editor will look messy in the HP Prime editor and vice-versa? I'm missing something I think.