Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[TI-84+ CSE][xLIBC]Color Smash

Started by CKH4, May 30, 2015, 03:06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CKH4

So my contest entry has been a speed code because I don't own the CSE. My friend was kind enough to lend me his calc when we weren't doing anything in math. Now he's given me his calc for the weekend and I'm so grateful.

So no screenie yet but the premise of the game is that you use 2nd and Alpha to change your color. 2nd for blue and Alpha for green. You can navigate the bottom pixels of the screen with left and right. There are falling boxes which you have to you have to avoid, unless you are the same color in which case you can 'smash' the box. The red boxes are molten and will kill you like the regular boxes of the opposite color. To view your high score recall the variable S on the home screen. As the game progresses the falling gets faster.

My high score is 58 so when you get a chance to play it, let me know what you get.

The options are available as lists and variables when you edit the program. The list CCT stores the colors. The order is {game background,  player blue, player green, box blue, box green, box red, screen background}. The pixel width and height are determined by variable W. The screen will automatically center and full screen is 40. C is the starting player color, 2 for blue and 3 for green. X and Y are the starting position for the player, default is 2,2. List CS is for the speed of falling. The first one is for the starting speed, the second is for how often to speed up.

Also totally random but I tied my high score in the gif.

So I also managed to fit all of it into 664 bytes. Hope you enjoy it.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Dream of Omnimaga

Looks quite nice. I wonder why it isn't full screen despite DCS8 supporting it, though? It might also be better to make that teal frame black instead so people don't see the game as circumventing the 4x3 resolution rules. Also I am glad that you are participating. :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

CKH4

I forgot to change it but it shows the screen centering so I might just leave it out of laziness and the need to write the readme.

Dream of Omnimaga

Aah ok. It shouldn't be hard to change, though, since it only involves setting the color to zero :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

CKH4

It actually only requires changing 32->W to 40->W.

What else do I need to do besides submit to be eligible?

Dream of Omnimaga

What is 40 for? Is it the size of the squares?

Besides that, make sure to have a readme in txt format attached with the submission and make sure that the contest entry actually works. :P

CKH4

Yes, 40 is the size of the squares when it is fullscreen. Since that gets you more points I changed it to be full screen.

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

CKH4

Thanks. It was a bit rushed so not where I'd want it to be. I would've added score display but I'm glad that I got it to like 650 bytes. It does flicker a lot less on calc and the 2nd and alpha commands are color coded so its a bit easier to control. Hope you enjoy playing it.

Unicorn

Good job getting this in on time! I honestly didn't get any points for optimization, but can't wait to try this out.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

Were there poijnts for optimization? didn't see them

Dream of Omnimaga

I hope I am not too late, but @CKH4 your entry appears to be non-functional.

Unless it's because I am running DCSE 8.2 and that the entry is only for previous versions, the controls do not do anything in-game. I can't move around nor do anything else.

CKH4

They are not sensitive at all. Have you tried holding them down?

Snektron

It seems like DCS 8.2 is stopping a lot of programs <_<

Dream of Omnimaga

Now I tried and I seem to be able to move when I hold them down for half a second or so, but when I reach the edges of the screen, sometimes arrows will stop responding entirely and I can no longer move, while ALPHA/2nd will continue working.