Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[Minecraft] [HP Prime] MinePrime - Minecraft on a Hp Prime!

Started by alexgt, April 20, 2015, 12:22:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexgt

Quote from: CKH4 on June 07, 2015, 02:48:26 PM
Quote from: alexgt on June 07, 2015, 05:03:27 AM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 03, 2015, 01:58:42 AMAnd do you mean the character will move to the edge of the screen and the map stop scrolling when reaching edges like in Mario?
yeah the screen will stop scrolling and the character will keep moving :).
Maybe you should loop the edges of the map, it would make it feel more like a planet.
That would be a good idea but there would have to be an animation so you know you went to the other end, also the terrain would have to match up and that would be difficult :-\

A walrii mob could work, should it be a pet or what?

walrium ore O.O that is a good idea, what would you use it for tho
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

CKH4

It wouldn't be too bad. The hardest part would be the edge terrain looping. If you are on the right side of the map then have it read the data from the first few columns of the spreadsheet and if you're on the left read the last few columns of data in reverse order.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

alexgt

But the terrain generates randomly so I would have to link the two sides when I generate the terrain but that wouldn't be too difficult (I hope :P) with the app I may try for infinite world gen tho so it might be irrelevant.

@timwessman can you use .txt documents with the AFiles section of the app?

@timwessman - well mentions still no work :-\

Dream of Omnimaga

For terrain looping it wouldn't be too bad if we ended up with cliffs and stuff, but the harder part would be lava and water flow. Maybe there could be a mini map feature too? (which we could turn off)

As for mentions this seems like something I will have to report to the author at http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=522005.0
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

alexgt

There will be a map when you press View but when (and if) I make a 3D version I think a mini-map would be a good Idea :)

Dream of Omnimaga

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

I will test if you can use .txt files in the Apps :)

alexgt

Now that I have the shell for SIFS I will start on this

last post for a week :(

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Unicorn

• Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

alexgt

Back! This week I will start on this so let us pray that the 404 curse does not descend on this project again *.*

Unicorn

• Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

What was the 404 Curse? I forgot. Is it because you had no Internet for a while or lost some data? Or do you mean you ran out of ideas/motivation?

Good luck and welcome back :)

Unicorn

??? ??? ??? ??? ???