Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Is the TI community over?

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, September 22, 2015, 03:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexgt

The reason that I have not been active is High School - I used to just be able to coast through middle school and get A's but now I have sports, more homework, and non stop essays from my English teacher <_<
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

What Street said, although the gap used to be even larger way back in the days. But yeah they are different (which I guess is a good thing for the sake of diversity, so at least it won't single out an entire chunk of the TI community)
Quote from: alexgt on September 24, 2015, 02:28:15 AM
I have sports
What are sports? O.O
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

I run cross country and I have practice till 5 after school then dinner then homework so unless I stay up late there is not much room for CW :(
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

princetonlion.tibd

For me it's that DJ's prediction came true: I can't really focus on coding. I don't check the communities first thing like I've done for a year.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: alexgt on September 24, 2015, 02:42:54 AM
I run cross country and I have practice till 5 after school then dinner then homework so unless I stay up late there is not much room for CW :(
Do you have the same schedule until June?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

catastropher

I don't think the TI community is over. Personally, I haven't been around much due to health issues and school, but I'm going to put in much more effort to be active in the community. I'm still working on X3D and I'm going to become the maintainer of TISDCC (using SDCC to compile C for the Z80 calcs). I do think it would be really good for the community if we could get a post out on ticalc.org though.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-83+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-Nspire CX, TI-92+, TI-89 Titanium
Creator of X3D, a 3D portal rendering game engine for Nspire, 68k, and PC

semiprocoder

How do you use TISDCC cause I tried a while ago and couldn't get it working.
  • Calculators owned: ti nspire, ti 84 plus se
My cemetech username is awesommee333.

catastropher

Quote from: semiprocoder on September 25, 2015, 12:23:11 AM
Yes TISDCC is sadly currently very broken (it's been unmaintained since at least 2013). I managed to fix the build scripts though and am working on getting the project cleaned up. If you give me some time though I'll get it all fixed and release new documentation! :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-83+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-Nspire CX, TI-92+, TI-89 Titanium

Adriweb

Speaking of C on z80, maybe this (ez80 only) will also make more people interested in coding (or at least help, maybe to get started easily?)

(It's not ready yet. See  https://tiplanet.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17279 )
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios
Co-founder & co-administrator of TI-Planet and Inspired-Lua

catastropher

Wow that's awesome! I wonder how the code generation compares to SDCC. Would it be possible to have SDCC as a supported compiler as well?

novenary

Quote from: catastropher on September 25, 2015, 12:42:46 AM
Quote from: semiprocoder on September 25, 2015, 12:23:11 AM
Yes TISDCC is sadly currently very broken (it's been unmaintained since at least 2013). I managed to fix the build scripts though and am working on getting the project cleaned up. If you give me some time though I'll get it all fixed and release new documentation! :)
Fyi there's an active SDCC fork as part of the KnightOS project available here. Compatibility with both TIOS and KnightOS is intended and you actually get a subset of libc for KOS.
Adriweb's post is about the ez80 models (the new ones) only.

catastropher

Hmmm... perhaps I will contribute to one of those projects then, as there's no point in reduplicating work.

Adriweb

The thing I was showing is indeed for the ez80 models.
It basically feeds the source into a ZDS project and calls its CLI tools via a makefile.
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios

catastropher

Quote from: Adriweb on September 25, 2015, 01:06:12 AM
The thing I was showing is indeed for the ez80 models.
It basically feeds the source into a ZDS project and calls its CLI tools via a makefile.
Ah ok, is it only for the ez80 calcs then? If so, perhaps we could add support for the regular 83+/84+ by using SDCC?

Adriweb

from what I've heard, it's bad enough not to be worth it.
But you're welcome to try and make your own tool :)