Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

WalrusIRC - An OmnomIRC rewrite

Started by Yuki, January 16, 2015, 08:14:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snektron

I've noticed a small bug:
When i click on the 'A' button it shows only a bit of the mene:

When i click on it a second time it works though.
Also the smiley button doesn't work, but maybe thats not implemented yet :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

Suggestion: Make it so that when someone sends a message, it only scrolls if you are at the very bottom. When I try to read the backlog it's very annoying when it keeps scrolling back at the bottom.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Snektron

That's a great idea, i always hate it when programs don't do that. :(

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: aeTIos on January 21, 2015, 01:41:09 PM
Ugh, 3D buttons x.x fixpl0x, I'd like if the buttons looked kinda like the buttons on the forum so the chatbox fits in. Also, I still can't use it because it yells "you need to login to chat!".
It depends if his buttons are hard-coded, because they were not in the CSS. I'll check if I can at least make it like the Search or reply buttons tho
Quote from: Streetwalrus on January 21, 2015, 02:28:42 PM
Welp it's more the fact that it doesn't really fit with the general site design. :P
It used to be worse, though: At first there would only be about 3 lines of new post notifications fitting at a time because the text was larger and the background color was not the same as the rest of the forum divs.

As for Firefox 35 not being supported I think it should, because many people are probably stuck several versions behind anyway. Generally it's best to make your stuff supported in every popular browser that still follows W3C standards.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

35.0 is the latest release DJ. And it happens on 36 too. I already told you it's juju's fault for not testing. :P Sorunome has like 5 browsers installed for testing lol.

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh ok lol, I swear someone said he had 38.0. Also at the shopping mall I can't chat even if logged in:

It works fine on 3G

Snektron

Y u no read posts? it makes me mad seeing al those *new*'s  >:(

Dream of Omnimaga

Too busy and not home right now. <_<

EDIT: THe bug mentionned in Firefox 35 seems to be in IE11 and Opera Presto (12.x) as well. Could it be that you are using a Chrome/Opera 15+ only feature @Juju ?

Yuki

Well thanks for the suggestions! Hm, there's a lot to reply.

- Nickname location: I didn't coded anything to control where they show up (I probably should), but at least they're not going at the 1/3 of the page.
- 3D buttons: Yeah there's a way to make them fit the general button theme. And I should look at it.
- Autoscroll: Definitely not the best autoscroll code I have here, I know. I should find a good one and replace it.
- General design: Yeah, as I said, there's quite a few stuff still not themed correctly yet.
- You must be logged in: No idea. Check if you can load http://codewalr.us/checkLogin-smf.php correctly. (The fact it says you're a guest is normal, it needs some key to be appended to the URL.) Also check your system time, probably? I dunno.
- The A button (also the walrus button): No idea. Maybe a rendering problem because it works fine fullscreen.
- The smiley button: Not implemented yet. It's there, but it does nothing other than say it'll work soon. Eventually.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

novenary

DJ: indeed i might have 38.0 at home because I use nightly which is 3 versions ahead and updated several times a day. :P

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Juju on January 21, 2015, 07:53:45 PM
Well thanks for the suggestions! Hm, there's a lot to reply.

- Nickname location: I didn't coded anything to control where they show up (I probably should), but at least they're not going at the 1/3 of the page.
- 3D buttons: Yeah there's a way to make them fit the general button theme. And I should look at it.
- Autoscroll: Definitely not the best autoscroll code I have here, I know. I should find a good one and replace it.
- General design: Yeah, as I said, there's quite a few stuff still not themed correctly yet.
- You must be logged in: No idea. Check if you can load http://codewalr.us/checkLogin-smf.php correctly. (The fact it says you're a guest is normal, it needs some key to be appended to the URL.) Also check your system time, probably? I dunno.
- The A button (also the walrus button): No idea. Maybe a rendering problem because it works fine fullscreen.
- The smiley button: Not implemented yet. It's there, but it does nothing other than say it'll work soon. Eventually.
Also add the backlog emptying themselves randomly to that list. As for Logged in issues it's only at the shopping mall. Your link gives me {"nick":"","signature":"","uid":0} btw.

Yuki

Yeah, that's because of the hidden join/parts. And yeah, {"nick":"","signature":"","uid":0} is what to be expected.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

@Juju at the shopping mall, where WIRC is unuseable,  I get {"nick":"","signature":"","uid":0}

Dream of Omnimaga

WalriiBot was moved from irp.irc.omnimaga.org to eeems.irc.omnimaga.org until further notice, because there are bot connecting issues on Withg due to their host having issues. Thanks to Street for restarting the bot. So hopefully all three #CodeWalrus channels and W/OIRC shall be relayed again (until EFnet or Omninet derps again).