Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Nationstates![nspire][lua]

Started by semiprocoder, January 27, 2016, 11:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

semiprocoder

Now that I am done with the contest, I have decided to start making a new game-nationstates!
Currently it is practically featureless, and has two issues copied directly from nationstates(with @@RANDOMNAME@@, etc. I will replace that with an actual random name, and I plan to have some of my own features added on to nationstates.
Note: development on this game will probably be slow.
Heres a video of my game(DJ whats the name of that avi to gif recorder you use again?):
  • Calculators owned: ti nspire, ti 84 plus se
My cemetech username is awesommee333.

Dream of Omnimaga

As I didn't play Nationstates enough (I only tried creating a nation and checked others out), I don't really know what's going on, but I am curious about how you will turn this online web game into a single-player game? It might be good to add a quick description in your post for people who never played the original game.

Also the program I use is VirtualDub. You need FFMPEG to open most AVI files, though, due to codec BS.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Araidia

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 28, 2016, 08:47:33 AM
As I didn't play Nationstates enough (I only tried creating a nation and checked others out), I don't really know what's going on, but I am curious about how you will turn this online web game into a single-player game? It might be good to add a quick description in your post for people who never played the original game.

Also the program I use is VirtualDub. You need FFMPEG to open most AVI files, though, due to codec BS.
I agree, one of the best parts of Nationstates is RPing with other players(in my opinion).
EDIT: Maybe have some NPCs or AI, but hey, it's your choice in the end  :thumbsup:
  • Calculators owned: TI84+ CE

Also Known as: Soul | Enguard

Dream of Omnimaga

Actually, as a single-player game it would be more strategy than role-playing, right?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

semiprocoder

Well yeah. Right now the main thing is the issues(which is the main thing I do in nationstates anyways). I am also currently adding events, which will be things that will directly allow you to set a budget, such as setting the budget for a earthquake or increasing the army's budget after an invasion or something, but I am still not exactly sure how I am going to implement them.
I currently do not really have anything that makes this more like multiplayer though.
  • Calculators owned: ti nspire, ti 84 plus se
My cemetech username is awesommee333.