Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Pi84 - The Raspberry Pi powered TI-84+

Started by DarkestEx, December 17, 2016, 01:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkestEx

• Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

tr1p1ea

Looking awesome, I've been messing with a bit of rpi+teensy stuff of late as well.

Will you consider a colour LCD in the future?

DarkestEx

Quote from: tr1p1ea on July 21, 2017, 01:01:46 AM
Looking awesome, I've been messing with a bit of rpi+teensy stuff of late as well.

Will you consider a colour LCD in the future?
Nice, good luck with your project!

No, I am not going for a color LCD in the future. The first attempt on this did, but then I decided to go as close to the original as possible on this try.
I have searched high and low for this almost fitting replacement monochrome LCD ;)

Benedikt
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

tr1p1ea

Cool, where did you source the LCD from if you dont mind me asking?

What controller does it utilise?

Dream of Omnimaga

In any case make sure that the calc runs faster than ClassPad 3xx BASIC because I heard that it makes TI-86 BASIC look like it runs fast [emoji14]
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

opka_coders_ dsa

Hi there,
You have a really creative and awesome calculator
Is it possible to buy your calculator for Ti84 with the Pi-inside it fully working
, I  would love to buy it. I will pay for it.
Also does it have access to online, like can I for example use symbolab or play games on it
Kind regards