Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

What programming language is your favorite?

Started by alexgt, March 27, 2015, 01:19:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What language do you use? (This is your favorite language and does not have to be calc related)

Ti-Basic (Any Ti calc's basic language)
3 (8.8%)
Asm
3 (8.8%)
Axe
1 (2.9%)
Grammer
0 (0%)
Java
3 (8.8%)
Ruby
2 (5.9%)
Lua
2 (5.9%)
C/ C++
9 (26.5%)
C#
2 (5.9%)
Other
3 (8.8%)
None :(
0 (0%)
JavaScript
0 (0%)
PHP
0 (0%)
Python
3 (8.8%)
Bash
0 (0%)
HP PPL
2 (5.9%)
Haskell
1 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 34

alexgt

Tell us what your favorite language is for the computer or calc. The results will be shown after the poll is finished :).
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

123outerme

ASM is my favorite to program in; it's the most fun; but that doesn't mean I'm any good at it :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CSE, TI-nspire Clickpad, TI-84+SE

alexgt

Lol I only do in-line Asm and very little of that :P (I chose Axe)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Yuki

I found a few inaccuracies in your poll:

- JavaScript is wildly different from Java. It should more be next to HTML, since they're both used together (although it's less and less the case with Node.js and Duktape on Nspire).
- JQuery is not a language by itself but more a library for Javascript. They should probably be together.
- C# looks more like Java than C and C++, despite the name. They should probably not be together.
- While we're on the web, why not add PHP, Python, maybe even Bash?

Well, that's my two cents. Anyway, to answer your question, I find both Lua and Ruby pretty fun to program in, while I'm trying to make a living with HTML, JavaScript and PHP, which are also pretty nice. I know quite a lot of the languages we mentioned in this thread. But the best language of all time is Fluffle Puff.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

princetonlion.tibd

TI-BASIC, as it's the only thing I'm decent at :P

EDIT:
but I like C
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

Dream of Omnimaga

I think the poll should have allowed people to vote for more answers since some of us use multiple platforms, but I went with TI-BASIC since that is what I use the most lately. Also although HP PPL and Casio BASIC are not listed, I like them quite a lot too so I guess they could almost go in the TI-BASIC category.

I stopped using Axe 5.5 years ago, although I revisited one of my game 2.5 years ago to finish it. Finishing the game only required adding more level data and a graphic-oriented title screen requiring very minimal low-level knowledge of Axe, though. I never got into Grammer, Ruby, Lua, C, Jquery and Python style, to be honest. And my ASM learning attempts were futile  >.<
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Scipi

C/C++ definitely has my vote. Even if that's because it's the language I am most familiar with by far :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, Nspire, Nspire CX, Casio Prizm

Snektron

Too bad you can't choose multiple languages, i like ASM and Java, though i also like (but slightly less) javascript, c/c++, lua etc
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

brentmaas

Lel I glitched Omni

Thecoder1998

TI-BASIC for me :trollface:

jamu

Either Lua or DJ is my favorite programming language ;)
I have a rhythm game problem.

brentmaas

How do I view the results? Can't seem to find a button or something for that...
Lel I glitched Omni

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

novenary

unknownloner

Agreed with juju, Fluffle Puff is best language. Haskell is 2nd best.

/)