Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

WalrusIRC - An OmnomIRC rewrite

Started by Yuki, January 16, 2015, 08:14:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

novenary

Well to be honest it's more of a hack than anything else. :P Juju needs to write a proper bot for wirc and integrate the telegram bot into it, that will be much cleaner than what I did.

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah that's true. It would still be cool since many people chat from Telegram and it would be nice to be able to use Tab for nick completion on WalrusIRC like with the other nicks. :)

Also we still need to reset WalrusIRC online list because it still lists nicknames from the Freenode channel.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Dream of Omnimaga

Yay! I was worried it would empty the userlist completely until each user rejoins but it finally didn't it seems. Thanks :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Nah, the bot is smart enough for that. I just emptied the list and started it back up.

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah cool. Back then, OmnomIRC online list would empty itself when restarted.

Yuki

I should definitely rewrite the Python bot to be integrated with WIRC and Telegram.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Ideally, in long terms it might be better if we no longer needed an installed copy of OmnomIRC for WIRC to run, though. You would still need to mention Omnom and stuff if the database format and stuff remained identical, though, such as how smileys are stored, but again I could be wrong.

novenary

Also a few days ago I did more fixes on the scrolling, there was an event handler on images so that it scrolls down when they load, but it didn't actually work so I fixed it. No more partially scrolled backlog on page load.

Dream of Omnimaga

Awesome. I wonder if it works in every modern browser and mobile device? Also any luck getting the iOS problems with missing text field fixed? Maybe juju could do it since he got a Mac?

CKH4

My thought would be that it's a CSS issue and the overflow kills it but in any case I'd say a Mac won't be enough. Even if you fix it on mac (is it even broken?) it likely still wont fix it on ios.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

novenary

The browser on iOS is very different from Safari, which uses proper WebKit like Chrome, so if it works in Chrome it will work fine in Safari but that doesn't mean it will work fine on iOS. Oh, and Android browsers use full blown desktop browser engines so they automatically inherit from their great compatibility. Firefox and Chrome are almost 1:1 on Android vs desktop.

CKH4

I've found chrome to safari comparability to not be exact. But I do agree on Android Chrome and Firefox being almost the same as their desktop counterparts.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

novenary

Yeah, Chrome and Safari don't necessarily use the same webkit versions, there's also the js engine and now that Chrome has forked webkit, it's bound to stray a lot more from actual webkit browsers.

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: CKH4 on August 28, 2015, 08:03:30 PM
My thought would be that it's a CSS issue and the overflow kills it but in any case I'd say a Mac won't be enough. Even if you fix it on mac (is it even broken?) it likely still wont fix it on ios.
I assume that on mac, the only broken thing would be the search button being a few pixels down (but still visible), unless Safari engine for Mac is different than Windows.

It's really Apple's restrictions on iDevice appstores that kills compatibility on iOS browsers.