Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[calcs] TILP Won't Start Because of Missing Entry Point in DLL

Started by catastropher, July 04, 2015, 11:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catastropher

Hi guys, I'm trying to get TiLP to work on Windows 7 64-bit, but I keep getting a popup that says "The procedure entry point g_assertion_message_expr could not be located in the dynamic link library libglib-2.0-0.dll. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, installing different version of TiLP, removing all other versions of GTK+, and installing Glade (as suggested in a post that it may be a path issue and Glade would resolve it). Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Thanks!
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-83+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-Nspire CX, TI-92+, TI-89 Titanium
Creator of X3D, a 3D portal rendering game engine for Nspire, 68k, and PC

Yuki

Heard you have to install a specific version of GTK+, guess you'll want to ask @Lionel Debroux.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Lionel Debroux

AFAICT, TILP works with the 2.24.x runtime at http://garr.dl.sourceforge.net/project/gtk-win/GTK+%20Runtime%20Environment/GTK+%202.24/gtk2-runtime-2.24.8-2011-12-03-ash.exe .

And indeed, the Windows platform's DLL loader's limitations can cause all kinds of wrong behaviour if multiple applications using different versions of the GTK+ runtime (or in fact, anything else) are running concurrently on a given computer.
Member of the TI-Chess Team.
Co-maintainer of GCC4TI (GCC4TI online documentation), TIEmu and TILP.
Co-admin of TI-Planet.

catastropher

Thanks! Unfortunately I was unable to get it to work even with that version of GTK+ :( I'll just install TilP on my Linux box and transfer my stuff from there.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-83+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-Nspire CX, TI-92+, TI-89 Titanium
Creator of X3D, a 3D portal rendering game engine for Nspire, 68k, and PC