Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Trump's Presidency marks the end of the world! (says the internet)

Started by p2, November 09, 2016, 01:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

p2

yeah huge protests all over Germany and lots of petitions and stuff started, even a few organisations like "Stop TTIP&CETA *region*" were created...
Political parties "Piraten", "AfD" and "Die Linke" as well as GreenPeace, Fairtrade Organisations, BUND (nature preservation guys), ...
everyone was on the streets xD
protests were a huge fun. Best sign I saw:
"Dumbledore wouldn't let this happen"
:trollface:

Edit: nice trump song: https://soundcloud.com/insaneofficialsound/trump-for-pr0
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

SiphonicSugar

Quote from: STV on November 09, 2016, 01:56:43 PM
RIP my future
RIP Homo Sapiens
RIP America
RIP Planet Earth
One minute of silence for these.

What do you mean by this? Especially the RIP your future and America part...

Your future is perfectly fine. In fact, if Hillary Clinton was elected, your future would not exists. Putin has been quoted saying the world was a few votes away from total decimation. If Hillary Clinton was elected, she would start a war with Russia, most likely leading to nuclear weapons being used. America will be in better shape. Many factories move across the border because there are barely any emission laws and there are low tariffs on transporting goods from Mexico to the USA. Trump will raise the tariffs making it so the factories will lose money by being in Mexico. They will come back along with millions of jobs. And for future times when people say Trump will go around deporting Hispanics: Trump will not do that, he's already said that anyone who helps out illegal immigrants by giving them jobs or housing them will be put in Federal prison and fined $500,000. The illegals will not be able to get jobs and realize that the USA is worse for them than their home countries. They will leave.

Also, anyone who says that we should feel sorry for many of the Latino children who have illegal immigrants, none of this would have happened if the parents did not come in illegally. Your parents leaving, or even if Trump, US Border Patrol, or the FBI deports children's parents, that is a direct result of the parents doing something illegal. If none of the parents are US citizens, then the child should not be either.

I do not hate Hispanics. In fact, some of them are the nicest people that I have ever met. I just do not agree with what some of them do and what Hillary Clinton would have supported.
  • Calculators owned: TI-89, TI-84 Plus, TI-92, TI-84 Plus C SE, and TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad
I'm just trying to grab some inspiration. :P

gameblabla

Quote from: SiphonicSugar on November 17, 2016, 02:36:36 AM
Also, anyone who says that we should feel sorry for many of the Latino children who have illegal immigrants, none of this would have happened if the parents did not come in illegally. Your parents leaving, or even if Trump, US Border Patrol, or the FBI deports children's parents, that is a direct result of the parents doing something illegal. If none of the parents are US citizens, then the child should not be either.
Gee siphonicsugar, those are harsh words.
No matter if they are legal or not, they are human beings.
What's even the point of deporting the so-called "illegal immigrants" anyway ?
The bible says nothing about illegal immigrants.
lol i rekt siphonicsugar rly hard
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

SiphonicSugar

Well, they are harsh words, but sometimes things need a harsh answer.
They are human beings so that's we should not just go deporting them, but take a nicer and more logical approach.
Why couldn't they just come here legally in the first place.
Because the Bible does not say anything about it, others have to do something about it. Anyway, the Bible does not govern government and safety of the citizens sooo... Maybe the US Constitution has something about illegals in there...

Also, if they do deport the parents, would it be better for the kids to go too so the family stays together?
I think many immigrants also come because our president is broadcasting to the whole world that we will give you free schooling, health care, and give you a good job that pays higher than what you usually get, even if it is illegal to come here. 9 out of 10 illegals caught by the border patrol are released on US streets because they can say the magic words "Obama said it was okay"
  • Calculators owned: TI-89, TI-84 Plus, TI-92, TI-84 Plus C SE, and TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad

p2

that are indeed aharsh words and many may not agree with him on that point but the core of his mesage is true: Trump got his way of thinking and doing things, it might be hard, yess, but he's still no monster that'll destroy america.
and peace negotiation with russia... what else should we wish for right now?
especially me as I'm from germany... (NATO's "spearhead" in the fight against russian "agressors") <_<

of cause it'd be a lot nicer if he let them live there but I can t least a little bit understand trumps position there and to me it looks like he really wants a "AMERICA, c YEAH", no smoking ruins ;)

btw I hate it how every cing politician around the world comes to tell trump not to destroy the world... <_< they did worse things themselves and still tolerate way worse things but yet tell trump to respect human rights and c like that... It's not like he slaughters babies after raping them but the whole world acts liek he did  <_<
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)

Dream of Omnimaga

SiphonicSugar I am fairly sure that many immigrants leave Mexico (illegally or legally) to escape drug gangs located in some areas there. That said, jobs should be first made available to legal US residents. As for deporting illegal immigrants, they will go where? Canada? I think deportation will only move the problem elsewhere.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

SiphonicSugar

Yeah, that's why I'm saying we shouldn't go around deporting immigrants. We need to take a better approach. Also, they should ask for help or have a revolution if they don't like their country. That's what the US did...

Also, apparently there are 900 families that basically run Mexico.

p2

wasnt it more like 10 families running the world... <_<
but yess you're right, for example in venice the names of the families ruling the country haven't changed for hundreds of years...
but I guess we now get to the "the boor stay poor and hte rich get even richer" point where we would have to redo half of the worldwide politics stuff...
so before things get out of hands, lets just return to trump.
I like his hair ^^

btw it's pretty hard to start a revolution as a refuge...
even in their own land, they leave as they would else get shot or something, right? then how on earth should they start a revolution? they'd all just get killed the forst day at revolution planning... <_<

Yuki

There's 4 families who basically runs the Pitcairn Islands. Because there's literally only 4 families there.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

tr1p1ea

The funny thing is almost every other country deports nationals who aren't legally allowed to reside in the country (VISA ran out, came ashore outside of immigration etc) ... so it's strange to hear people bring that up as a bad thing - especially when such people are saying this FROM one of these countries.

I certainly know in Australia if you are a foreign national and you don't have your paperwork in order - you get deported ... There is an entire TV show about it!

Though I understand that certain parts of perceived culture in the US has a certain regard towards low-cost illegal immigrant employment, for which a large portion of some industries are built upon - So the situation does need to be handled with care.

p2

@Juju I smell incest... <_<
also I wonder if they also get ads like "Oh youre on PITCAIRN ISLANDS, too? Wanna date me??" :trollface:

@tr1p1ea I know, what trump doesisn't that evil, many countries do exactly the same, but it's evil because it's trum, he HAS TO BE evil... <_<
Countries doing the exact same c but still blaming him when he does the same... "double moral" at it's best <_<

c4ooo

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: tr1p1ea on November 18, 2016, 03:12:54 AM
The funny thing is almost every other country deports nationals who aren't legally allowed to reside in the country (VISA ran out, came ashore outside of immigration etc) ... so it's strange to hear people bring that up as a bad thing - especially when such people are saying this FROM one of these countries.

I certainly know in Australia if you are a foreign national and you don't have your paperwork in order - you get deported ... There is an entire TV show about it!

Though I understand that certain parts of perceived culture in the US has a certain regard towards low-cost illegal immigrant employment, for which a large portion of some industries are built upon - So the situation does need to be handled with care.
I think the main issue is that Trump's idea would involve mass deportation of 3 million people simultaneously and while immigrants should enter the country legally and not steal jobs of people who entered it or lived there legally for their entire lives, people don't like the prospect of 3 million human beings becoming homeless overnight.

IMHO, they should not be kicked out, but they should not be allowed all benefits from legal residents, and their labor rights should be limited to labor sectors that have severe worker shortage problems, such as farm land jobs. That's unless the person is disabled or something, in which case their welfare cheque would just have an illegal immigrant tax.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

Well, so I thought that Trump wouldn't attempt to do the muslim ban nor the wall and that he just had a loud mouth that would ultimately turn out to be another crappy president like many of the past ones. But it seems I was not only wrong, but I also didn't expect it to happen this fast.

Anyway, his plan is flawed like mad because unless it changes for the better in the next few weeks:
1) He banned people from 7 countries from entering the states, rather than all muslims. There are way more than 7 countries with muslims in it, there are also some people in the 7 countries that are not muslim.

2) As most people know, there are many muslims who came here to escape war and start a new life, but sadly it seems that a few bad apples always ruin things for everyone else most of the time.

3) There are college and uni students from Europe that spent thousands of $$$ to study abroad, in the United States. The ones who happened to spend the holidays at home and had their winter semester start after this weekend might have just lost an entire semester or possibly any chance to earn their diploma. Basically, they both lost $10000+ and now have to restart their studies from scratch in a different country (or theirs).

4) If your favorite Major League Baseball, Major League Soccer or National Hockey League team has players who originate from said countries and have no Canadian citizenship, then they will no longer be able to play against any Canadian team in Canadian stadiums and if they do, then the teams will have to get rid of them. Same with your favorite olympic or tennis player.

5) Same as #4, but with your favorite signers, bands, movie actors, etc. If they had planned to shoot a movie in USA, they now have to find a different actor or move the scene outside of USA.

So IMHO, the whole thing is completely flawed if it ends up being permanent. Trump should have done like illegal immigrants: Only ban people with criminal records (starting with recent crimes and violent ones). I don't know if it can be hard for USA to access someone's criminal records from a different country, though.

Yuki

First of all, it's not about the muslims, but the terrorists. The terrorists are mostly in those 7 countries. (Of course, the medias tend to generalize everything and try to demonize an entire religion, but Trump assures it's not the case here.) The ban should be valid for 90 days until Trump's administration had time to think it through and comes up with a better immigration plan.

Still, there would be terrible implications as DJ mentioned, including many employees in big companies like Google, Yahoo and Microsoft, the case of the Canadian Minister of Immigration (ironically enough, although he could definitely get away with a diplomatic passport, Trudeau later confirmed a simple Canadian passport would also work) and gold medalist Somalian-born British runner Mo Farah, who currently resides in the United States and is currently in training in Ethiopia. At least, a court order required the government not to expatriate those people, but think of all those people who are either stuck in the United States or unable to go back to see their families. Even worse, some of these countries are pretty good at athletic events, this would mean some of the athletes will have no other choice than boycott these events. Good thing we're off-season and not during Olympic Games because that would be even more disastrous.

Seriously, we're one week in Trump's presidency and it's a big trainwreck. Can't wait to see the next four years... At least, the guy is keeping his promises.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here