Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Post your game purchases and collection!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 24, 2014, 07:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Wow that is nice :O. If I still played those much I would probably get it. Can Counter Strike still be played online?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

Snektron

Online as in web browser or online as in servers? :P
But i think servers for most valve games are decentralised and people can set private serverd up too, so there will probably always be a few enthousiast having a server
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

As in servers. And I see. I thought it might have been official servers like Starcraft and Command & Conquer. At one point, Westwood Studios closed so all C&C games became unplayable online.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

I just got Halo 5 for $37.50 and Yoshi Wooly World (much better than Kirby Epic Yarn) for $35. Every game and accessories were 50% off at Archambault and consoles were 30% off *.*

The only downside is that all video game sales are final. I also lacked the money for a New Nintendo 3DS XL (they still had one left)

Araidia

I got Smash Bros 4 mid November(I think) and I downloaded Fire Emblem Awakening on the eShop(and some other indie games).
The New 3ds is totally worth it. It runs faster, has more buttons and the 3D is much more forgiving. I would recommend getting the XL so you don't have to have the screen right on your face.

• Calculators owned: TI84+ CE

Also Known as: Soul | Enguard

Dream of Omnimaga

I almost did get SSB4 earlier, but the store only had the 3DS version, and I prefered to wait until I get the money to get the Wii U version. I also saw Etrian Odyssey 2 but I passed on it since it seemed more like a tactical game. As for the New 3DS I might eventually get it. My only gripe is that there is only 1 game for it (Xenoblade Chronicles), but I might eventually try to trade in my 3DS to get the new one, since it's backwards compatible with old games.

Another game I saw was Star Wars Battlefront, but with Halo 5 and Yoshi I didn't buy it. If I didn't find those two games, I would probably have gone with Star Wars Battlefront, because at $40 it's a good deal.

On a side note, what I like about the Wii U gamepad is that I don't need to be in front of the TV to play the console. I can sit in front of the computer or lie in the bed with it, just as long as I'm not too far from the console. It doesn't work with every game because some requires using both the TV and the gamepad, but for games like Mario Maker it's very effective.

Dream of Omnimaga

Look at what I found at EB Games (Gamestop) today *.*:

-Kirby: Return to Dream Land (Wii) 
-Kirby Collection (Wii, but it doesn't have the cardboard box). Since I only have two of the games on it (Kirby Adventure and Kirby Superstar) it's a nice addition to my library 
-Kid Icarus Uprising (3DS)

I wanted Bayonetta 2 at first, but I just kept running into those gems so I said screw Bayonetta 2 :P

novenary

I don't think I have ever posted these::

All the boxes are complete.

Not exactly a game I know. :P This one was a lucky find, got it for 60 euros shipped, box is complete and the contents were brand new, I have used the calculator quite a bit though. The box itself was damaged a bit during shipping but that's alright.

Dream of Omnimaga

Nice little collection. You should try getting some more Nintendo classics :P

Also do those wireless gamepads work well?

Scipi

I don't think I've posted my collection in this thread yet.

Here's what I got on steam

I recently picked up a game called Ashes of the Singularity. Looks like an RTS to watch for in the future :)

Here's what I have for console games:

• Calculators owned: TI-83+, Nspire, Nspire CX, Casio Prizm

Dream of Omnimaga

Wow that's a lot of Xbox games. I think among my entire collection, I only got like 10-15 Xbox games total, all generations included. NES/SNES games, on the other hand...

novenary

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 06, 2016, 04:15:45 AM
Nice little collection. You should try getting some more Nintendo classics :P

Also do those wireless gamepads work well?
Yeah they work pretty well but they have no rumble. I've started researching a way to modify regular controllers to be wireless for this exact reason.

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh I didn't know that. Also I didn't know the regular gamepads had rumble support. I thought it was an attachment sold separately like on the Nintendo 64.

Also didn't you hate back when every console peripheral was sold separately? >.< We bought a $60 game (or higher), only to end up having to buy a memory card as well, a rumble pack, a memory expansion pak, etc. On top of that, back then most CRT TVs had just one input (the RF jack) and many consoles only came with AV cables, so you had to buy a special adapter for every console. On the other hand, memory cards were nice since you didn't need to carry all your cartridges or discs with you at friends' homes.

novenary

Our CRT was pretty high end back then, it had multiple input including two or three RGB scart inputs so that was pretty nice. I played the GC with that as a kid. There aren't many games that require additional accessories on the GC, they all came with a memory card too though you had to buy a larger one if you wanted to store more saves.

Dream of Omnimaga

I wonder if they ever made HD CRT TVs...

Also I bought The Pagemaster (SNES) and The Guided Fate Paradox (PS3)