Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Quick Reply

Started by TIfanx1999, January 02, 2015, 02:41:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TIfanx1999

Is there a setting somewhere to have quick reply enabled by default? I usually type posts up in the quick reply box and then preview them if I feel the need before posting. It seem really odd to have it hidden by default, and I'd assume there was an option to have it visible. Am I missing something obvious?

pimathbrainiac

hmm. quick reply has always been enabled for me. I'll look in to it.

EDIT: It should have already been enabled by default. Since this is not the case with you, go here and change the setting "Use quick reply on topic display" to your liking.
Well, I'm bach here too!

TIfanx1999

To clarify a bit; "Quick reply" is there at the bottom of the posts, but I have to click on the "+" to expand it. It's "hidden" by default.

pimathbrainiac

okay. see my edit. that should clear up the issue. we have the right setting set, so it's probably a bug.
Well, I'm bach here too!

Dream of Omnimaga

I'll look into this. It should normally be expanded by default, so it might be a config error or a bug caused by a mod.

EDIT: Should be fixed. It was disabled entirely by default for some reasons. Now it should be expanded and enabled. There is also a permission issue with attachments that I need to fix (they're invisible to guests). EDIT: Fixed too.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

TIfanx1999

Yepp, it appears to be working now, thanks.:)

Dream of Omnimaga

No problem. I thought I had it enabled at first, but I probably did it back when the site had that glitch causing every setting to be reset back to defaults during the first days (ironically, Omnimaga had a similar problem a few weeks ago, but I think it was caused by something else).
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

aetios

Glad this could be fixed :)
ceci n'est pas une signature