Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Game of pig or some other animal. [CSE]

Started by Unicorn, July 02, 2015, 05:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unicorn

Well, as a break from MoneyWalrii, I am making the game of pig, link to explanation soon. I have the opening scene done; as seen in the video.

Oh yeah, and the background noise is a Marx brothers movie ;D

Link to game: http://cs.gettysburg.edu/projects/pig/piggame.html
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Awesome!

I thought the background noise was coming from the calc O.O
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Unicorn

• Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

So since all the video shows is an animation for a title screen, mind explaining what this game is about and what has been programmed so far?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Title screens about it, but I'm going to try to post a link to an explaination, as I don't have copy paste readily available :(

EDIT: Link: http://cs.gettysburg.edu/projects/pig/piggame.html

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah I see. Thanks.  So it's more like a dice/guessing/board game?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Yeah, I'm gonna spice it up to make it look nice with xlibc and such. ;)

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

It would be interesting to see some graphics integrated in it, so it won't be just another clone of WFRNG v1.0000069

Unicorn

Yeah, I wanted to make up for simpleness with graphics. Anyways, the whole start animation is done and dice rolling is next. Its gonna besimple :P

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

On a side note, is the game only known as Game of Pig? Because if it can easily be recognized under a different but similar name, then you could rename it to Game of Walrus and have :walrii: in it.

Also while graphics are good, if you're doing a simple game I would recommend avoiding making it oversized. For example, a guessing game should probably not take 10 KB of memory if it's gonna be like the ones on ticalc.org. :P I doubt anyone wants to waste 10 KB of archive just for a guessing game :P

Unicorn

But its not a guessing game... Anyways, it shouldn't take up to much space, as the game mechanics are simple.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Unicorn

Ok, anyways, I have the two player game starting to work.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Is it possible to play vs an AI too?

Unicorn

I am going to try to implement that, it probably won't be too hard. Anyways, the two player part of the game is done :)

??? ??? ??? ??? ???