Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Online C compiler for the TI-84 Plus CE / TI-83 Premium CE

Started by Adriweb, September 30, 2015, 10:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scipi

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on November 03, 2015, 04:19:21 AM
By the way do you program in C normally? You could probably port some of your old games to the 84+CE :P

I normally do C++. But I can work with C ^_^
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, Nspire, Nspire CX, Casio Prizm

Dream of Omnimaga

That's cool :D. You should showcase some of your stuff here again :walrii:
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Just wondering, has there been any updates for this, @Adriweb ?

Maybe a public release?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Adriweb

Not yet (minor stuff recently, not worth mentioning)

What mainly remains to be done before a public release (both website and source-codes) is, among other things (but that's the majority) :
  • Permissions-related code, to handle who owns which projects and what they can do with it (view/edit/delete...), if it's shared (and if so, with who) etc.,
  • Program renaming (right now it's hardcoded) (Done)
  • Actually refactor the C compiler PHP bridge into an subclass instance of a project builder class (think OOP, and actually it may be implementing an interface actually, of a "builder"), so that later on, more project types (than just C) could be added in without having to recode everything.
  • Handle multiple-files projects correctly (this one's going to take some time for the user-side/GUI point-of-view :( so the GUI side may not be available right away, to not delay more the release)
  • Improve the current makefile to be less hardcoded and support said multifile projects (Done)
  • GUI overhaul to take into account the points above (probably later on, to not delay more the release)
  • Don't enable live multi-users collaboration by default.
  • Improve the default C project template (and possibly make several ones depending on what kind of thing the user wants to make, like a homescreen thing, a graph thing, a 8bpp game...)
  • Finalize our "documentation" (which is rather a "how to make ZDS happy and compile your code" mini-guide)
  • More server-side stuff to automate folder cleaning
  • More testing
That's just the TODO list, there are also things in a WISH list...
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios
Co-founder & co-administrator of TI-Planet and Inspired-Lua

Adriweb

Some stuff done recently :
  • Feature to change the program name (varname)
  • Default template updates
  • Click on people's avatar to jump on their cursor
  • Optimization of the build process (faster now)
  • Auto save/load project settings (browser localStorage)
  • Ctrl+mouseover on a base 10 number -> display in hex. ; If click -> change in code (WIP, currently has a char-eating bug)
  • Highlight of the current editing line
  • Minor misc things

(source)
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios

Dream of Omnimaga

I swear I posted here earlier... but I am shocked at the large mount of stuff that still needs to be done. I'm glad it's coming along nicely, though. Will there be a feature to bulk-save like in SourceCoder? In Token we have to manually save each source code file one by one.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Adriweb

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on November 21, 2015, 06:47:47 AMI swear I posted here earlier... but I am shocked at the large mount of stuff that still needs to be done.
Turns out I've been working a lot tonight and almost all of the todo list is done :)
I'll post when it's actually done.

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on November 21, 2015, 06:47:47 AMI'm glad it's coming along nicely, though. Will there be a feature to bulk-save like in SourceCoder? In Token we have to manually save each source code file one by one.
Hmm, sure, but right now, while multi-file projects are working, it's not fully embedded into the same window/"virtual tab", so you'll have to open multiple window/tabs, and saving happens as you build, both on the server and locally.
Once the front-end is more polished, it will all be integrated nicely and such a bulk-saving will be there, yes.

Dream of Omnimaga

Good to hear :)

Also, I wonder if there will be a lite interface for those with limited bandwidth caps (perhaps not as lite as CW Lite interface at https://codewalr.us/index.php?wap2 but you get the idea)? Because on older computers, TI-Planet can get a bit laggy sometimes, especially scrolling, and web-based IDE's with syntax highlighting can do the same with large code.

Unicorn

oh yes, I always found it hard to visit ti planet because of the backgrounds. Anyways, thats great! If I really wanted to build something, I could compile the source, yes?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Lionel Debroux

The TI-Planet background can be disabled by clicking "Theme: Light" in the top left corner of the root (portal) page. I'm among the users who disable this background, for readability purposes :)
Member of the TI-Chess Team.
Co-maintainer of GCC4TI (GCC4TI online documentation), TIEmu and TILP.
Co-admin of TI-Planet.

Adriweb

As I was saying, almost all of the todo-list is done, so a public beta should be coming pretty soon.

(this will be beautified later ^^)

Adriweb

Interface improved, and some minor backend stuff.

We're getting closer to a public beta...

Dream of Omnimaga

Awesome. You should make a separate topic and link to it when the beta comes out so I can add it to the front page :)

Snektron

Looking good :) Still waiting for the time where you accidently leak the link >:D (if you even have it on a public server)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Lionel Debroux

It is on a public server, and there will soon be nothing to leak: we hope to open public beta-testing by the end of the week :)

The estimation I gave in the comments of the ticalc.org news item where Kerm performed blatant unsollicited, off-topic advertising of his closed-source infrastructure remains valid. But I'm not blaming you for not reading ticalc.org, or noticing that part of my comment :)
Member of the TI-Chess Team.
Co-maintainer of GCC4TI (GCC4TI online documentation), TIEmu and TILP.
Co-admin of TI-Planet.