Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Need Help with C# Code and Unity

Started by p2, May 09, 2017, 07:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

p2

I am currently working with Unity to develop Augmented Reality applications for the HoloLens, and as part of a project, I need a way to import .obj files at runtime from an online source.

I chose to use this thingy: https://github.com/cmdr2/unity-remote-obj-loader
but there's no proper documentation or anything similar D:
Can anyone tell me how to get this script running?
I can import it and bind it to an objct and stuff, but how to use it?
I have no idea which comand I use to call it and with which parameters, nor how the object is returned :/
(I should probably mention I am new to C#)

If I can't get it working I would have to use https://github.com/gpvigano/AsImpL/ which would be terribly much work since it's such a huge tool X.x

Edit: btw is there any way to import a .3ds file and convert it to .obj within a C# app...? would be really helpful ^^
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Unicorn

ooh... well, i dont know much about unity (ive messed around a bit, but meh) but my friend does. I could get him to help out if you would like ;)
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

p2

well it's been a few days since I started this topic, and today I finally got an alternative for that script running and it seems to work.
But there's still a major problem I'm having since weeks and can't fix  :ninja:
Some help with that would be really apreciated  :thumbsup:

It's this:
I got a phantom cube sized 1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f floating at 0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f freezing scripts as soon as I look at it, crashing the program if I try to interact with it.
(effectively meaning in an Augmented Reality app that after I start it, I need to walk away a few meters in order to interact with anything, as I'm stuck in the cube, and mustn't look in it's direction...  :P
It seems to be recreated with every update cycle and I cand find it's source as it's not shown in the object hirarchy not created by a script...
Is there any way to remove it?
it appears to be the same bug all of these guys are experiencing: https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/5-6b11-phantom-cube-object-around-0f-0f-0f-doesnt-appear-in-hierarchy-cant-delete-it.460196/
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)