Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Walrus Cheese Run [ti-84+ce][anti-walrus]

Started by kotu, February 27, 2017, 03:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameblabla

I don't know why but the graphics remind me a lot of Zaxxon Motherbase 2000 for the 32x.
That game has similar polygonal graphics and an isometric view.

I need to try the demo at some point.
Can we run over the walriis ?
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

kotu

• Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

gameblabla

Quote from: kotu on March 04, 2017, 08:35:05 AM
Didn't you see the blood splats? XD
nope, cause my internet sucks monkey c :(
glad that's the case !
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

MateoConLechuga

I got bored so I made a little pull request to your code: https://github.com/rowanmedhurst/walrus-cheese-run/pull/1

Also fixes the fact that walrii always faced the same direction :P

I might also recommend only drawing or processing a walrii if it is within the window :) Other than that, fantastic looking code; a lot better than what I usually look at :P

EDIT: Added a new pull request to optimize tile drawing. Frame rate is now 14-16 on average; shown below:

kotu

hehe you are quite a violent driver looks like you really enjoyed that

just wait until the mechs are activated

have now redesigned the credits screen to look like this

:trollface:

*PRE-RELEASE*
it just lets you drive round and kill walruses the mechs and statue are not in but it is alright keys 8 and 9 steer
http://www.mediafire.com/file/e4mxxndxf5r1mm3/WCR.zip
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3

Dream of Omnimaga

Cool, I'll download this later :3=
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

p2

Quote from: kotu on March 03, 2017, 02:28:38 PM
*edit*
this is looking close to completion now, just a few more things need doing, in particular you should not be able to get away with doing this within visual sight of the mechs, as they will shoot you. but it is a nice sight watching the walruses get splatted :D

im not sure if this has been fixed yet:
blood is 2D and on the ground, so the walrii should be on top of it. Make sure to render the walruses AFTER rendering the blaad to prevent this ;)
Anyways, looks awesome, even tho I don't really support the idea of the game :ninja:
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Dream of Omnimaga

Another idea would be to make walruses explode on contact :P (gore explosion)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

By the way, in order to ensure that players get the context, you should maybe include the intro in the game that you have on your website about Mad Pete and wanting cheese/being drunk after a Walrii apocalypse. That or in the game description in the first post and the readme. :P

Also add smiley faces here and there, but make a few of them as bobby traps. :P

Alvajoy123

• Calculators owned: TI-84+CE
The maker of Xenon.

kotu

ha ha yes they will do something when the game is complete

IF you run over a walrus within a certain range, the walrus driving the mech will see, and will shoot you with a laser when you drive past

they cannot turn as walruses are well known for lacking mechanical knowledge and leaving things to rust

also they are placed randomly so you do not know where they will be - it is a game of oppurtunity and fluke

and CHEESE

Dream of Omnimaga

You should add something where you must avoid running over pink walruses if you add them, else an horde of flying ones come after you

Alvajoy123

Look so good  :thumbsup:
but the tittle screen  :-X need some work on it  :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CE
The maker of Xenon.

kotu

Well to be honest i was going to do more to it but its actually quite a good game as it is.

Working on KILL CMND now.

Walruses can jump quite high so it seems ITS AZ FEATURE

kotu

Quote from: Alvajoy123 on May 01, 2017, 02:26:02 AM
Look so good  :thumbsup:
but the tittle screen  :-X need some work on it  :P

NO, THE TITLE SCREEN IS HOW I DID IT AND HOW I WANTED IT AND I COULD SEE