Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

(Results out!) The 4x3 contest comes to an end!

Started by Yuki, June 01, 2015, 12:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brentmaas

I've got a really good feeling about this :P

Btw, did my 'fullscreen' count as fullscreen xD?
Lel I glitched Omni

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on June 15, 2015, 03:55:51 PM
Well, DJ still has a 40% share of his vote thinglys

Erm actually it's the other way around, and probably an higher share due to lower amount of votes compared to the 2010 Omni contest. But I still need to find the old results on archive.org to see how I calculated it back then.

EDIT here they are: https://web.archive.org/web/20110413080842/http://www.omnimaga.org/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=21

EDIT: Basically, back then, here is how it worked:

The max possible score from judging was 300. For the voting round, the entry with the highest amount of votes (8 votes) was extrapolated to 300 points and the rest were proportionally increased (basically, 37.5 points per votes). There were three times more judges and 3.333 times more voters.

Since the judging score is now 100 points instead of 300,  there will be 12.5 points per votes instead of 37.5.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

Unicorn

• Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

That depends on the score :P. Its basically "DJScore + #points * 12.5"

Yuki

Well, it seems not much people voted, so it's normal DJ's judging took a lot of the score.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on June 16, 2015, 12:54:19 PM
That depends on the score :P. Its basically "DJScore + #points * 12.5"
^This. Since the total judging score was three times lower than the 2010 Axe contest, I decided to make each vote 12.5 times lower as well, but total votes were lower overall (38 totals IIRC, for an average of 2.7 per members, while the 2010 contest had 50 people vote once each) so the judging scores counted for a bit more.

In the future, I might hold a poll to see what percentages people would prefer (including options with no poll or no judging), but again I am reluctant about the idea of a vote-only contest, since if we start getting many new members who only sign up for games, many people might start voting only based on game names without even trying the program (kinda like on ticalc.org where Pokeman Red Blue Silver v1.337 topped the weekly download stats a few times despite not even being close to a Pokemon game). This year I was a bit late for such opinion poll, though, so I just went and did this contest like the 2010 contest that I ran.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Unicorn

I was thinking more like 70% Judging and 30% Voting, because some people may not be able to see how good an entry is, for example, I couldn't try out Nspire Entries.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on June 18, 2015, 01:30:28 PM
Yeah maybe there should be more judges too?
It's next to impossible to find a judge who owns that many platforms, though. The only way we could have judges is if we made the contest for just 1 platform or have each platform split into multiple contests like the 2011 Omni contest. But then it's hard to find the money x.x.

Quote from: Unicorn on June 18, 2015, 09:40:56 PM
I was thinking more like 70% Judging and 30% Voting, because some people may not be able to see how good an entry is, for example, I couldn't try out Nspire Entries.

The TI-Nspire Student Software has a 30 days trial, so you could probably have used it to try the Nspire entry. Of course that would not work if the entry had used Ndless, though, or if it ran too fast in the simulator like the HP Prime entry.

Yuki

The Code Golf on Omnimaga accepts pretty much everything, but in that case the languages golfers usually use are either free (like Python), everyone owns it or is easily emulable (like the 83+). Like the 4x3 contest, mostly every entry was on a platform everyone have (except the HP Prime one). Of course, if you're gonna run it on a Casio Prizm or HP Prime, it's gonna be slightly harder, the judge would have to own one.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah true. That said, IIRC Code Golf contests are slightly about choosing the right language/platform, right? Because some Code Golf entries can only be done small in certain languages it seems.

JWinslow23

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 22, 2015, 02:26:27 AM
Yeah true. That said, IIRC Code Golf contests are slightly about choosing the right language/platform, right? Because some Code Golf entries can only be done small in certain languages it seems.
And sometimes that language is not what you'd think. Sometimes, something can be done the smallest in TI-BASIC. That's right, it even beat Golfscript and CJam.