Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

New member introductions: Say hello here!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 20, 2014, 02:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

novenary

Quote from: matrefeytontias on January 01, 2015, 01:40:57 PM
redacted
You know this means censored right ? :P

Quote from: matrefeytontias on January 01, 2015, 01:40:57 PM
I like to believe I'm quite good at Axe and ASM for the 83+/84+ and C/C++ for the Nspire.
But you are !

Dream of Omnimaga

Heya and welcome to everyone. I hope you enjoy your stay :)

Also regardless of if you do computer, Android or calculator projects you can still showcase them to us on the forums. If they are good enough and might be developed for a while they might even become featured in their own sub-forum on the forum index. :)

Also don't forget to like us on Facebook, even though the trend of CodeWalrus members is to not have a Facebook account at all. :P https://www.facebook.com/CodeWalrusFans
And Twitter, of course: https://twitter.com/codewalr_us
Both social network pages will notify you of new topics created on this forum, as well as some other updates.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

LD Studios

Hey, I'm LD Studios!
Most of you probably already know me. I program for nspire in lua and I'm currently working on Portal NSpire.
My calculator is damaged so I can't transfer files until I fix it.
I have a website where I put most of my projects.
I'm looking forward to seeing codewalrus as a supplement to the calculator community!

annoyingcalc

I'm annoyingcalc, and I'm still around (The calculator community), but not as active as in earlier years.

Dream of Omnimaga

Welcome to you two as well. Also LDStudios I hope you can get your calc fixed soon. So many Nspires have failed over the last few years compared to Z80 models.

And annoyingcalc I hope you stick around for a while. If you do some Minecraft stuff you should probably share pictures of your creations in the Minecraft sub-forum on Omni, since it's there for a reason :P, and here as well I guess :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

emgoz

Hey guys,

I'm emgoz or formerly known MGOS and I'll be here now and then :) I'm probably not very active in calc programming since I don't have a programmable calc anymore (we had to return them since they were property of my school) and at university programmable/graphing calcs are also forbidden in exams, so I didn't buy a new one. I'm studying electrical engineering and information technology at the moment, so what I do educationally is pretty much what I enjoy to do as a hobby but rather learning it from the ground up. I still do some computer programming and a bit of android (mostly Processing for android) and hardware development and hardware hacking. I got lots of finished and unfinished projects but I often don't have the time to write about them. However, I started a blog (which is almost empty at the moment but I plan on posting more soon).

Dream of Omnimaga

Heya and welcome to the forums. :) I'm glad that you decided to join despite your departure from the TI calculator scene a few months ago. Keoni29 does some electronic-related stuff with 80's hardware and some of us works on non-calc projects too so hopefully you feel at home here.  :)

Do you make music? I think I recall seeing a post from you saying you did some, but I might be confusing this with another user.

emgoz

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 01, 2015, 11:29:36 PM
Do you make music? I think I recall seeing a post from you saying you did some, but I might be confusing this with another user.

Yes that's me :) I've been a keyboardist and pianist for almost 10 years now and last year I started teaching myself how to play the electric bass. I also do some electronic music on pc. Sadly I didn't release any new full songs since Glance of the Night (Edit: I'd like to insert a link to youtube but it always embeds it instead of just hyperlinks it) but hopefully there is new stuff to come soon. :)

Dream of Omnimaga

Aah cool to hear. And yeah the forums does that by default right now. I found an alternate Youtube mod somewhere, though, that could probably replace what we got and not do this, though, but I need to check if it works with https links first.

You can still make a topic in the music section, though. :P

CKH4

Hi, I'm CKH4 (same as on omnimaga and cemetech). I started calculator coding when I was ≈12 years old. I'm self taught in basic and have been coding for almost four years (although the first 1.5 shouldn't count).

I am interested in architecture, advanced computer graphics, 3d rendering and low resolution computer sprites.

I have (sort of) participated in two calculator projects not of my own. I did the sprites for Portal CSE and gave Ldstudios permission to use them for portal nSpire.

I like parentheses. (and puppies and kittens)
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Dream of Omnimaga

Heya and welcome here. :) I can't wait for those two Portal games by the way. They look very fun to play and I tried the CSE demo. :) I also can't wait to see what you have in store for us in terms of projects. :)

CKH4

I made my own game in basic and am starting to learn advanced concepts (size optimization using math). I'll upload it eventually.

I also made a compilation of solvers, but I'm not sure if that is considered a cheat tool (I know that I didn't use it to).
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Hello to everyone I hzven't already said to. I hope you'll stay at least a little to enjoy flying like walruses! :thumbsup:
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: CKH4 on January 02, 2015, 01:40:18 PM
I made my own game in basic and am starting to learn advanced concepts (size optimization using math). I'll upload it eventually.

I also made a compilation of solvers, but I'm not sure if that is considered a cheat tool (I know that I didn't use it to).
Cool to hear. As for the solvers they are allowed where programs are allowed and are fine to post on calc forums, but since there are over 200 of them on ticalc.org already then they might not garner as much interest.

MateoConLechuga

Hello everyone! I mostly frequent Cemetech, but I decided to drop in and see what all the excitement is about. And I mostly prefer direct z80 asm, as I found it can be very versatile. I am currently working on a Portal clone for the CSE, and have many other completed projects as well. So far this is looking like a solid site; best of luck! :)