Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Mental Dungeon [ti-nspire][lua]

Started by LD Studios, July 25, 2015, 04:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Woah, those characters and the color mockup looks great! O.O

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

On a side note @LD Studios will there be some math formula that shows up on the screen that you must solve? Or am I missing something out? I am curious about what is the problem to solve in the screenshots. Also if I had a game idea based on this, would you mind if I made one for other calcs? I would most likely give you credits for the original idea, though, and the game would probably be more limited to a few attack types.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Ivoah

Quote from: LD Studios on July 28, 2015, 04:26:37 PM
Quick color mockup:

I definitely like the color version better. Looking great!
  • Calculators owned: TI-86 (now broken), TI SR-56, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-85, TI-73 Explorer VS, ViewScreen, TI-84+ CSE, TI-83+ SE

LD Studios

I haven't worked on this project in a while- hopefully I'll pick it back up when my school year starts.
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on August 28, 2015, 04:00:38 AM
On a side note @LD Studios will there be some math formula that shows up on the screen that you must solve? Or am I missing something out? I am curious about what is the problem to solve in the screenshots. Also if I had a game idea based on this, would you mind if I made one for other calcs? I would most likely give you credits for the original idea, though, and the game would probably be more limited to a few attack types.
Maybe this will clarify: You need to use the numbers on the right (combine them with +, - and/or *), to get the numbers in the top left corners of the cards on the left in order to use the moves/items on those cards. For example, if you want to use the potion (19), you could use up the 12 and the 7 by adding them together, or you could use up 3, 7, and 2, and do 3*7-2. The idea is to use them up such that you are able to get as many of the numbers on the left as possible, so that you will be able to perform more abilities during your turn. There will probably be some sort of bonus for using up all of the numbers.

Feel free to borrow the game concept.

Dream of Omnimaga

It would definitively be a cool addition to the TI-Nspire library, especially that nowadays people use their calcs less and less for gaming and more and more for educational purposes (except maybe in USA?), so an educational game is even better.

And I see now. It's an even cooler concept, although a bit confusing at first. You'll definitively need to find ways to explain properly in the readme.txt and probably include a small on-calc help section as well.

My personal game project idea was more to make a simple +, -, * or / question at the bottom or top of the screen, with 1 choice answers every battle turn. The problems would be extremely simple to solve (just 2 numbers) so it would simply test how fast people can solve additions, substractions, multiplications and divisions. In other words it would also be some sort of reflex game due to the fast-paced nature of it. 

But yeah it's just an idea I had in mind, so I won't hijack this thread more with it. :) And thanks :D

alexgt

Whoa this looks really cool I can't believe I missed it O.O The sprites and the color map look amazing btw :)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX