You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here. | New CodeWalrus | Old (dark mode) | Old (light) | Discord server

(split) CodeWalrus Minecraft Server

b/Gaming Started by brentmaas, October 12, 2015, 12:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

u/Dream of Omnimaga November 30, 2015, 02:28:32 PM
With the problem of time zones and different schedule, I don't think a server that isn't on 24/7  would be a viable option to keep people around.
u/c4ooo November 30, 2015, 03:36:49 PM
I am suggesting an official PVP turnement - the server should only be up during the turnement, i hope you understand what i am trying to say.
u/Snektron November 30, 2015, 06:58:43 PM
Yeah but if you want to organise tournaments you're going to have a timezone problem, like DJ said :P
u/Yuki November 30, 2015, 07:04:48 PM
Okay I'm bored let's try this.

mc.codewalr.us

It's just a flat world to build stuff on, other more regular worlds can be added later.
u/Dream of Omnimaga November 30, 2015, 07:10:43 PM
As long as it doesn't run off CW server I am fine with it. On the other hand, I hope it doesn't lag like mad like your previous MC server >.< (blocks would re-appear non-stop as you destroy them)
u/Yuki November 30, 2015, 07:43:02 PM
Yeah pretty much nothing runs on that server except Eggdrop, better use it for something.
u/Dream of Omnimaga November 30, 2015, 07:45:25 PM
Well... make sure that Eggdrops don't start disconnecting like mad now, though. :P Anyway an advice I have would be to keep this server different from Bosaiknet. We are affiliate with them so we should probably make sure that ours is different. And make it visible, such as in the first post and how to connect and stuff.
u/Yuki November 30, 2015, 07:54:44 PM
Oh, yeah, that's right. Looks like Bosaik's is on survival mode while this one is on creative mode, so no worries here. Then it's settled, if you wanna play survival you better go on BosaikNet.
u/Dream of Omnimaga November 30, 2015, 08:17:13 PM
Creative mode like your old server seems like a good deal IMHO. Perhaps both could be added to the first post (eg Survival: mc.bosaik.net or whatever it is, and Creative: mc.codewalr.us)
u/Yuki November 30, 2015, 10:22:51 PM
Probably yeah. Anyway, I like creative mode better.

u/brentmaas November 30, 2015, 11:56:54 PM
I'd love to try it out, as soon as school allows me
u/Dream of Omnimaga December 02, 2015, 05:52:59 AM
This looks nice juju. I hope it doesn't do like on your old server where the Neritic guys kept destroying our stuff <_<

Is it possible to setup protections against griefing in vanilla? I forgot.
u/brentmaas December 02, 2015, 08:10:12 AM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 02, 2015, 05:52:59 AM
This looks nice juju. I hope it doesn't do like on your old server where the Neritic guys kept destroying our stuff <_<

Is it possible to setup protections against griefing in vanilla? I forgot.
Bukkit used to have plugins for that, but has been taken down by the DMCA. I believe someone else revived the project under the name Spigot.
u/Snektron December 02, 2015, 03:45:48 PM
Oh yeah, that was one mother of a c move <_<. Though i think creaftbukkit, where bukkit and spigot are build on, is still up.
u/Dream of Omnimaga December 02, 2015, 10:25:54 PM
Wait, why did Bukkit get hit by a DMCA? O.O
Website statistics

MyCalcs | Ticalc.org | Cemetech | Omnimaga | TI-Basic Developer | MaxCoderz | TI-Story | Casiocalc.org | Casiopeia | The Museum of HP Calculators | HPCalc.org | CnCalc.org | Music 2000 Community | TI Education | Casio Education | HP Calcs | NumWorks | SwissMicros | Sharp Calculators