Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Walrii fanart [walrus][sprites][pixel art][sprite sheet]

Started by Keoni29, November 22, 2014, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Ok so @DarkestEx made this:

It's a Roman walrus.

EDIT: And now in response to @Juju posting a link to http://minyaka.com/ponto/ on IRC I decided to make this:

It's a walrus from Montréal. I bet @Adriweb sees those often in the streets there :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

I'm still kinda surprised by how fast you're doing those walruses. I post the link and 12 minutes later there's a walrus of it.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Hehe sometimes I am surprised that I can come up with some in such short period of time (eg 10 minutes for the cone warlrus) :P. I guess this confirms our unnoficial motto: If it exists, then there's a walrus of it. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Quote from: Juju on November 08, 2015, 07:14:59 AM
I'm still kinda surprised by how fast you're doing those walruses. I post the link and 12 minutes later there's a walrus of it.
It's our very own r34, gotta stick with it. :P
Edit: woops, DJ said the same thing. Welp, nice walrus.

alexgt

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on November 08, 2015, 04:26:10 AM

It's a Roman walrus.

EDIT: And now in response to @Juju posting a link to http://minyaka.com/ponto/ on IRC I decided to make this:

It's a walrus from Montréal. I bet @Adriweb sees those often in the streets there :P
Like the walriis ;)

DJ makes 100 great walriis while alexgt still struggles with one xD
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

DarkestEx

Quote from: alexgt on November 08, 2015, 05:27:46 PM

It's a Roman walrus.

Like the walriis ;)

DJ makes 100 great walriis while alexgt still struggles with one xD
Totally agree. I suck at making Walriis while DJ makes great ones.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

novenary

Well, he's the one who drew the original Walrii so I guess he knows how to mess around with his baby. :)

c4ooo

It's a Roman walrus.
How is that a Roman walrus? It is neither a Roman soldirer, nor is he dressed how a civilian would dress :P

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Streetwalrus on November 08, 2015, 07:02:02 PM
Well, he's the one who drew the original Walrii so I guess he knows how to mess around with his baby. :)
Lol yeah I actually use existing Walrii sprites as template anyway so more than often it's not much work. The hardest of all gotta have been the music note one, though. :P
Quote from: c4ooo on November 08, 2015, 07:25:36 PM

It's a Roman walrus.
How is that a Roman walrus? It is neither a Roman soldirer, nor is he dressed how a civilian would dress :P
Actually, with a shield and green shirt/gray armor thing he might looks a bit closer to a Roman. Or at least, it would look like the ones in Astérix :P http://www.asterix.com/the-a-to-z-of-asterix/characters/arteriosclerosus.html

c4ooo

When someone thinks of a roman soldier, most of the time think of this:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Stone reliefs, such as ones found on the Koumna Trajana, are a bit different then the above "historical recreation", but one must take into acount the time difference between the fall of the republic, and Tajan's reign. The above image is definatly fom the time of the republic as that is the time when the senate stamped "spqr" on every thing :P (Edit: just resized that the above soldiers do not have "spqr" on their shields, but i still believe with alot of certainty that they a republica-era soldiers, or maybe soldiers from the time Kaesar or Octavian(a few decades after the rebublic))

Koumna Trajan:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

DarkestEx

Quote from: c4ooo on November 08, 2015, 09:10:01 PM
When someone thinks of a roman soldier, most of the time think of this:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Stone reliefs, such as ones found on the Koumna Trajana, are a bit different then the above "historical recreation", but one must take into acount the time difference between the fall of the republic, and Tajan's reign. The above image is definatly fom the time of the republic as that is the time when the senate stamped "spqr" on every thing :P
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Was trying to do something like that toy figure:
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

Dream of Omnimaga

Actually if you recreate that toy figure, you might want to make the walrus back flippers black and the bottom half of the body red (and the front gray like the Teletubbies walrus)

Yuki

I have shown that Walrii to the person who made the Ponto comics, she found it very cute, her reaction was priceless :P
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

Haha did you met him/her in person? And nice to hear :walrii: . Did she see the first post?

Yuki

She had a booth at the vendor hall of Geekfest Montréal, that's how I discovered her :P

And woo, moar walriis :D
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN