Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[nspire] nSquirrel : Squirrel programming language on Ti-Nspire

Started by Duke "Tape" Eiyeron, March 30, 2016, 08:31:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

I don't think it was meant to be a squirrel in particular?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

matrefeytontias

Ndless does have relative paths : int enable_relative_paths(char **argv);.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+.fr, TI-Nspire CAS prototype, TI-84+ CSE, TI-Nspire CX
My TI games (some got their own article on non-calc websites !) : http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/authors/112/11202.html

My moozik (100% free metal) : http://www.soundcloud.com/matrefeytontias

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Quote from: Dudeman313 on April 03, 2016, 12:20:55 AM
That creature in the picture doesn't exactly look like a squirrel...?
(Look at the picture, I just used this one for fun.)

Quote from: matrefeytontias on April 03, 2016, 07:38:03 AM
Ndless does have relative paths : int enable_relative_paths(char **argv);.
This would have saved me quite a bit of time of work on WRPG (I recreated such thing with a custom path resolver). Thanks.

Quote from: Jim Bauwens on April 03, 2016, 11:43:22 AM
Quite nice work :)

Thanks Jim!
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Dream of Omnimaga

That's Psyduck from Pokémon 1st gen, right?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Dudeman313

Oh, I wouldn't know, being less than 20 years old and living sheltered from videogames. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Added a small poll to inquire people's opinion on how to call N2D's keys constants. Note that I can't let you do "RET" only because it's an enumeration constant and is processed compile time (so it'll be faster on the execution side).

Edit : using for now n2dk_ prefix, I finished implementing N2D's key detection functions. Have a try with the lastest script.

Dream of Omnimaga

I don't know, but while the first option is longer in length, I find that it's easier to figure out what it's for, since key is in the name.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Added support of loadBMP which supports relative paths. No more heavy-arse source files.

Also made me discover an issue in Matref's loadBMP routine. I sent him a ticket about it : non-multiple of 16 (or 8, I dunno) bitmaps won't properly load and will be skewed. Let's wait until he works on it.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

FInally gave in and published a new build. In the next days I'll build some kind of small documentation for the n2DLib binding. Note that as Squirrel's standard library is included, you could access files in read/write, you can have threads, coroutines and with N2DLib, acces the screen and the keyboard. I guess you have everything you would need to make some games, haven't you?

What should be included next? Some ndless syscalls?

Link to a screenshot : Here (webm) GIF version

Dream of Omnimaga

Woah, that zoom effect is very smooth and fast O.O. Same for the balls moving around. I'm glad to see this language is running at very fast speed. At least advanced Nspire game programmers now have more choice :D

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Well, according to the poll, I tried to set n2d as prefix for keys, but couldn't as it would override the function table, so the prefix will stay n2dk.

I'm making the doc for the v1.0. I'll also switch from hosting the source in the topic to ticalc (and eventually CW if you want so. Should I also move my small experiment to your download section instead of letting it in the topic? I already told it was a final version.)

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Version 1.0.0 released.

"Allez, bisous." - Captain Nakou

Dream of Omnimaga

Awesome! I'll append this topic to the downloads section as soon as we have a non-game section. :) You don't need to do anything other than making sure the first post has a link to v1.0.

Also does it mean that Squirrel for Nspire is 100% complete?