Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Programming Ideas

Started by 123outerme, December 06, 2015, 08:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman313

Didn't you make a mock-up of a CE Metroid somewhere? You could start from that and use the newly available resources to make your next masterpiece.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah I did. I would probably use those tiles. They were designed to have multiple color palettes, though. Of course despite using Sprites by grosged I would still not use any scrolling, though, to keep speed as high as possible.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

So I wonder how hard it would be to make a :walrii: Go game? That said, if it was too similar to Pokémon Go then maybe Nintendo wouldn't like <_<
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

123outerme

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on July 10, 2016, 04:28:26 AM
So I wonder how hard it would be to make a :walrii: Go game? That said, if it was too similar to Pokémon Go then maybe Nintendo wouldn't like <_<
It would be interesting, but for sure it would be for mobile devices. I wish I knew how to create apps (and I might learn someday), but I definitely couldn't make that.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CSE, TI-nspire Clickpad, TI-84+SE

Dream of Omnimaga

Something that would be cool if that was made is if the map was designed to look closer to retro RPGs or maybe even mode 7. It would be an huge undertaking, though.

The other idea I had was a post-apocalyptic game involving one of the only few people in the world that did not die in a car accident or homicide while playing Pokémon Go in July 2016. :P You would have to find other survivors.

kotu

My idea for a game (which I want to make on my TI 84+CE-T (basically a TI 84+CE) is called "Kill The Evil Queen"

It starts with Prince Phillip announcing on the news that The Queen is actually an evil monster with rotating teeth. He is in shock.

The task is to kill the Queen but she can shapeshift into various types of monster, including a giant lizard which makes her quite hard to kill!

What do you guys think?  (-_(//));
  • Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

E37

Quote from: kotu on August 15, 2016, 08:13:14 PM
My idea for a game (which I want to make on my TI 84+CE-T (basically a TI 84+CE) is called "Kill The Evil Queen"

It starts with Prince Phillip announcing on the news that The Queen is actually an evil monster with rotating teeth. He is in shock.

The task is to kill the Queen but she can shapeshift into various types of monster, including a giant lizard which makes her quite hard to kill!

What do you guys think?  (-_(//));
Sounds cool!
Any idea for any plot other than that? Platformer? Dungeon crawler? Shooter?
Will there be story progression or just levels? Who is the player? A little more design would help.
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Ti83,Ti84!
I've never finished a project, there is always a way to improve!
What's my calc's name? Convert $37 to decimal. Look up that element in the periodic table. Then take the abbreviation of that element and you have it!
Look! A slime!    <(^.^)>

kotu

Not too sure of the details yet, but a top-down 2D shooter type thing, possibly with RPG/puzzle solving elements.

*EDIT*
You may be able to thieve artifacts (such as the Queen's crown) from Buckingham palace as you go!

Quote from: E37 on August 15, 2016, 08:27:14 PM
Will there be story progression or just levels? Who is the player? A little more design would help.
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3

E37

Quote from: kotu on August 15, 2016, 08:30:19 PM
Not too sure of the details yet, but a top-down 2D shooter type thing, possibly with RPG/puzzle solving elements.

Quote from: E37 on August 15, 2016, 08:27:14 PM

Again a little design would help. (unless you are like me and just make stuff and see what it turns out to be)
I have found that I have made some neat games and simulations with experimenting with something and then just kept adding on to it until it becomes something. (it also helps to know your programming limits - memory speed ect.)
Good luck!
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Ti83,Ti84!
I've never finished a project, there is always a way to improve!
What's my calc's name? Convert $37 to decimal. Look up that element in the periodic table. Then take the abbreviation of that element and you have it!
Look! A slime!    <(^.^)>

kotu

Quote from: E37 on August 15, 2016, 08:34:25 PM
Again a little design would help. (unless you are like me and just make stuff and see what it turns out to be)
Agreed, the design does need filling out. I have 3 main battle screens in my head, I know how they are going to look. But that's just 3 screens. It does need fleshing out. But I don't want to reveal to much on here just yet! Ha ha!

BTW did you know the Queen wears bowler hats?

kotu

I also have an idea for a game based on the film Kill Command, where you can be in only one of two locations - up a tree, or in a bot shop at the foot of the tree. It is heavily 'imaginary technology' based. Don't know if it will work  >:D

Dream of Omnimaga

I like the idea @kotu about Kill the Evil Queen. Just make sure that the ticalc.org version of the game doesn't include an actual picture of Queen Elizabeth, though, since their rules appear not to allow depicting real people other than the game author (this is why only the CodeWalrus and TI-Planet versions of Opossum Massage Simulator have a picture of Donald Trump). :P

As for ideas, since she's evil in the game, maybe she could be possessed by some evil spirit or past leader that was particularly bad and now she must be "killed" as some form of exorcism? It could also be that she died but became undead in the future and now must be killed.

kotu

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on August 20, 2016, 03:17:33 AM
I like the idea @kotu about Kill the Evil Queen. Just make sure that the ticalc.org version of the game doesn't include an actual picture of Queen Elizabeth, though, since their rules appear not to allow depicting real people other than the game author (this is why only the CodeWalrus and TI-Planet versions of Opossum Massage Simulator have a picture of Donald Trump). :P

As for ideas, since she's evil in the game, maybe she could be possessed by some evil spirit or past leader that was particularly bad and now she must be "killed" as some form of exorcism? It could also be that she died but became undead in the future and now must be killed.

Interesting ideas.

As for the portrayal of real people, I don't think I can really make this game without doing it.  :-\
Does that mean I can't even mention people by name?

gameblabla

Quote from: kotu on August 21, 2016, 07:45:33 PM
As for the portrayal of real people, I don't think I can really make this game without doing it.  :-\
Does that mean I can't even mention people by name?
Either ignore the rule or let ticalc die alone.
If you want to make this game, go for it.
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

p2

Plottwist: The evil queen (she was really evil) was taken hostage by the Reptiloids that try to take over the world. So once you defeat and kill the reptiloid wearing a mask so he looks like the queen you go and free the true queen - So she can continue what the reptiloid did since shes evil, too --> Part two of the game "Kill the evil queen AGAIN"
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)