Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Programming Ideas

Started by 123outerme, December 06, 2015, 08:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snektron

Quote from: Jokeriske on May 15, 2016, 07:29:10 AM
You wake up in a abandoned hospital.

isn't that quite how the walking dead (tv series) started?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Jokeriske

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on May 15, 2016, 05:11:02 PM
Quote from: Jokeriske on May 15, 2016, 07:29:10 AM
You wake up in a abandoned hospital.

isn't that quite how the walking dead (tv series) started?

yes, yes it is

Dream of Omnimaga

Maybe that could be the premise for a Vahalla 2D prequel, with Vahalla occuring decades later after the zombies spread across the entire world (or island) and the island survivors having evolved into some sort of medieval civilization? Closer to the nuclear plant you could also have monsters mutated from animals or humans, but instead of being zombified they would have gained magical powers?

As for nuclear cataclysms, if anyone wants to make a :walrii: game that involves the other Walrii crossovers, then the premise is that 1000 years after World War 3, walruses are now dominating the world, but mutated into various walrus species in the first few decades due to nuclear fallout, which resulted into the many crossovers we all know (often with objects or animals from our current civilization) and some of them can now fly. Note that this doesn't explain how Walriichu, for example, became a thing, but it could just be a mutation coincidence or the result of a magical spell resulting into even further mutations at one point in the past. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

aetios

ceci n'est pas une signature

Jokeriske

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 19, 2016, 07:03:25 PM
Maybe that could be the premise for a Vahalla 2D prequel, with Vahalla occuring decades later after the zombies spread across the entire world (or island) and the island survivors having evolved into some sort of medieval civilization? Closer to the nuclear plant you could also have monsters mutated from animals or humans, but instead of being zombified they would have gained magical powers?

As for nuclear cataclysms, if anyone wants to make a :walrii: game that involves the other Walrii crossovers, then the premise is that 1000 years after World War 3, walruses are now dominating the world, but mutated into various walrus species in the first few decades due to nuclear fallout, which resulted into the many crossovers we all know (often with objects or animals from our current civilization) and some of them can now fly. Note that this doesn't explain how Walriichu, for example, became a thing, but it could just be a mutation coincidence or the result of a magical spell resulting into even further mutations at one point in the past. :P

yeah, #dreams #iwanttobeabletocodethat

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: aeTIos on May 21, 2016, 09:16:03 AM
You are a tree.
I sense a Desert Bus sequel . Basically, the Desert Bus driver crashes into a tree and during the game you must stare at the tree for 8 hours without falling asleep (you have to press the UP arrow every once in a while). Once the towing company arrives you beat the game.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

aetios

Four elemental crystals get stolen sending the world into chaos.

An alien invasion is threatening your extraterrestrial settlement.

Dream of Omnimaga

One thing to note though is that the crystal idea has been done quite a lot in 80's and 90's RPGs. I actually did it in mine but in some cases as a secondary story element or only a small part of the game. But you can do so much with the idea that sometimes it ends up being original. Just avoid a generic crystals robbery story that has no other development.

c4ooo

@DJ Omnimaga i remember you were talking about an RPG where the forums (Maxcoders,Cemetech,omnigaga, etc) were represented as kingdoms and you were a worier doing something. Can refresh my memory about that? :)

aetios

@DJ Omnimaga I actually know that the crustal idea has been done tens if not hundreds of times, and each time it worked.That is, if we exclude those times when it didnt. What I mean to say is, its still a great idea because it allows for a simple incentive and at least 4 bosses in am RPG.

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah I know, plus it leaves room to make the story non-linear. What I mean is to avoid making it like the NES FF1 where there's literally no story development and all you do is revive all crystal and spend hours grinding. Illusiat 6 would be an example of what is overdone :P

Quote from: c4ooo on May 28, 2016, 10:10:42 PM
@DJ Omnimaga i remember you were talking about an RPG where the forums (Maxcoders,Cemetech,omnigaga, etc) were represented as kingdoms and you were a worier doing something. Can refresh my memory about that? :)
That was The Reing of Legends 4 (2007). It featured  Omnitia, Revitia, Maxitia, Ticaltia, Cemetia and Unitia Kingdoms.

Dream of Omnimaga

AN idea I had was Pacman: Sadistic Edition.

Basically, instead of moving pixel by pixel, Pac-Man and the ghosts would move tile by tile. Then in level 2 ghosts would move two tiles at a time (checking collision both times to avoid passing through you), then 3 at a time at level 3 and so on. If you touch a wall then you lose a life.

Dream of Omnimaga

A Mega Man or Mighty no 9 clone would be great on the 84+CE. Or it could have each level linked together to form a Metroid style game. I think with some tricks it could be pulled of with hybrid Basic libs like Sprites by @grosged .

Dudeman313

That sounds like something I've mentioned before. ;)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

I forgot. But yeah I got the idea after seeing how fast GalagACE was. If I made a Mega Man clone I would probably only allow shooting 1 bullet at a time in the screen, but make it travel way faster and span three blocks at a time.