Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Flowers! [withdrew from contest] [ti-nspire cx] [PC]

Started by Strontium, April 29, 2015, 11:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strontium

UPDATE TIME

So, I'm rewriting this from scratch for the PC. When I started working on this game, I was SUPER out of practice with code, so I was doing all sorts of weird things. (like with Greed, instead of doing bound checking, I checked whether or not I got an error when I tried to access part of the board :P)

Anyways, this time, I created a proper color palette! And the code is more sane! etc, etc. Don't worry, though, once the contest is over, I'll be sure to port it to the Nspire.

New stats screen:

Plant visualizer:
  • Calculators owned: TI Nspire CX, HP Prime
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: NES

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Strontium

Well, shoot.

I spilled water on my laptop.

And I didn't make backups of my game.

Woops.

Unicorn

Oh, man that sucks. Is the hard drive retrievable? If your parents have a laptop you could recover your files by switching the hard drives out.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Ugh that sucks. At least it wasn't yet another laptop failure like many people have, else I would have said use a desktop instead since they break less fast. But yeah next time don't forget to backup >.<

Or maybe you could instead continue the calc version instead of computer, since you probably had a calc copy?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

It was a PC Game, wasn't it? But maybe you can still save your hdd, try drying it somewhere. Maybe even take it apart and let the pieces individually dry. Watch out you don't kill it though
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Strontium

Don't worry, I am going to get a SATA to USB cable and rescue my data.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Welp, I spilled once orange juice on my first laptop. I think it ran faster after getting spilled with it but I think it was only my mind.
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on May 12, 2015, 12:49:29 PM
It was a PC Game, wasn't it? But maybe you can still save your hdd, try drying it somewhere. Maybe even take it apart and let the pieces individually dry. Watch out you don't kill it though
It used to be a TI-Nspire game, but then he moved the project to PC platform instead.
Quote from: Strontium on May 12, 2015, 05:59:14 PM
Don't worry, I am going to get a SATA to USB cable and rescue my data.
Good luck. I hope it works out. If it doesn't, then do you still plan to redo your entry?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

Are you still in the contest @Strontium I hope so :)?!
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

bb010g

Thanks for telling me about brogue, @Strontium! It looks cool. :) And good luck on getting your data back; we're all rooting for you.
  • Calculators owned: HP 50g, Prime, 28S, 35S, Casio Prizm, dead Nspire CX CAS

Strontium

I've lost all motivation to rewrite this game for the contest. However, I am working on a new game in the same spirit as this, but it would not be able to qualify for judging because it breaks a lot of rules.

Dream of Omnimaga

Sorry to hear. I hope the new game works out better, though, and I hope you stick around on the forums despite the data loss :)

Strontium

Why would I leave? Codewalrus is awesome! :walrii:

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh I was saying that since you vanished all of a sudden after the data loss and in the past there are community members who never came back after losing a project O.O