Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

FBO Particle System

Started by Snektron, January 22, 2015, 10:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snektron

Quote from: matrefeytontias on January 27, 2015, 10:18:40 PM
Breaks on me with :
QuoteError creating shader: 0(143) : error C7011: implicit cast from "int" to "bool"
0(170) : error C7011: implicit cast from "int" to "bool"
0(173) : error C7011: implicit cast from "int" to "bool"
0(177) : warning C7533: global variable gl_FragData is deprecated after version 120
oops, looks like this is a GPU problem, where my GPU defines a boolean as an int being 0 or 1,
and yours just as an integer (i used supething like if (useGravity) which should be if (useGravity == 1)). I'll update it shortly.

EDIT: Also looks like i forgot to end the process properly. This will also be updated shortly.
EDIT2: Updated. you can download via the normal links :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

CKH4

Super sexy, I can surprisingly run 512 at 60fps and 1024 at 30fps. Also your download is not commonly downloaded and could be dangerous according to Google. https://support.google.Com/webmasters/answer/168328 May interest you if you plan on long term support for this project.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Snektron

Thanks :) and i will defenitely look into un-dangerousing it. Tomorrow.

Dream of Omnimaga

I am not getting any error when running it, but the window remains completely black and nothing else than the Particle System console and the software window shows up.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

CKH4

Mine took a minute and read initializing before finally loading. My processor is pretty decent for a laptop so that may have to do with why mine loaded pretty quick. Maybe cumred snektron will know...

Dream of Omnimaga

Well I waited about 5 minutes and nothing appeared. Just the FPS and some stuff in the title bar that changed every now and then (40-60)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 28, 2015, 03:53:12 AM
I am not getting any error when running it, but the window remains completely black and nothing else than the Particle System console and the software window shows up.
That's strange... Maybe i forgot some openGL checks your machine doesnt have... Have you ran it via the cmd/terminal? And have you tried more particles? Maybe there were too few to see anything. Or maybe you have a wrong java version. Oh and what OS are you using?

EDIT: I tried it out on my dad's linux machine and turns out there was another shader error. I fixed it but that doesnt mean it was your problem, dj.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Now, you have to improve it, make it modulable, add gradients, pause, other interaction tools, make it open, allow other rendering methods because I LOVE THAT PROTOTYPE!
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

CKH4

Snektron

I tried that app, but it doesn't work (my own version works though... i should probably finish it sometime :))
Also, i use Framebuffers (Render to texture) to update the particle speed since a shader cannot save values
to the next frame or even next pixel, and i don't think the diy glsl lwp supports that. Android does have framebuffers though, but it would probably a tremendous battery drain :(.

As for the particles off screen, the way i save values is every pixel of a texture is one particle, the x, y and age are stored in x, y and z
as a value from 0-1. i could make them continue off screen, but that would mean losing on-screen precision :(. maybe ill add it
as an option later.

CKH4

That app worked for me but they changed the url where it was hosted (that was recently fixed) so it's possible that you visited then.

Snektron

Oh interesting :o i'll take a look at it later.

CKH4

Actually it looks like it may have changed again, or maybe my brain just died.

Edit.
Its open source so it can be easily changed.
https://github.com/cyrilmhansen/DIYGlslLwp

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on January 28, 2015, 06:48:52 AM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 28, 2015, 03:53:12 AM
That's strange... Maybe i forgot some openGL checks your machine doesnt have... Have you ran it via the cmd/terminal? And have you tried more particles? Maybe there were too few to see anything. Or maybe you have a wrong java version. Oh and what OS are you using?

EDIT: I tried it out on my dad's linux machine and turns out there was another shader error. I fixed it but that doesnt mean it was your problem, dj.
Windows 7 64 bits. I don't know if I have the latest java version, though. I updated a month ago or two but everytime I do I get errors or it fails to install properky. Maybe that's why?

Snektron

hmm maybe. have you ran it with Java -jar FBOParticles.jar ?