Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

FBO Particle System

Started by Snektron, January 22, 2015, 10:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Looks interesting. I am curious about what kind of animations and renderings you could do with that technique. Make a topic when ready :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

For starters i can now really easily make 3D particle things.
Actually, i was coming up with some ideas to integrate this into a minecraft mod - The player would place a particle controller of some kind.
Then, with blocks like arrows, black holes and white holes it would create a gravity field after right clicking it or something. then it would upload that gravity field to
the gpu where it updates and draws the particles. it would allow for some amazing effects. And since its a clientside thing mainly, every player can set how many particles he/she wants to render, if at all.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

semiprocoder

sounds really cool. Hopefully you finish this cause I've been needing some new mods to revitalize my interest in the game.
  • Calculators owned: ti nspire, ti 84 plus se
My cemetech username is awesommee333.

Snektron

Im actually still thinking about it, but i'll try to start soon :)

On a side note:

98% GPU Load oops

Dream of Omnimaga

I like the idea Cumred. Also maybe the engine could be used in an actual FPS where textures are basically particles. It would be a bit like that LSD game on the original Playstation console, but still interesting. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Can you add rainbow mode ? :P

Dream of Omnimaga

That would be interesting to see actually, although it depends in which pattern the particles are rendered. The result wouldn't be that great if they are randomly generated, since it would just be like static on a TV. :P

Snektron

I could make the color rely on the position of a particle, that would be cool.

c4ooo

It would be cool if there was an fps like this, with the user being to select beatwean two different color schemes- either by having the particles be colored on basis of distance from user, or by (in-game) "heat" (Like infrared).

Also, you should forget that you still have a cpu :P

Snektron

Welcome to the world of shaders m8. Cpus are only usefull for getting data to shaders :P

In the mod i could have a color block make the color of particles at a position anf interpolate between multiple blocks

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on October 04, 2015, 10:17:55 PM
I could make the color rely on the position of a particle, that would be cool.
That would be indeed. You could maybe do like the Rainbow Road in Mario Kart Wii and Seven?

Snektron