Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Claw development system, a multiplatform programming platform [multiplatform]

Started by DarkestEx, May 07, 2016, 05:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E37

@DarkestEx
>:D
Here is a screenshot of the latest version!
(Note there is a glitch with the cursor in it)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Ti83,Ti84!
I've never finished a project, there is always a way to improve!
What's my calc's name? Convert $37 to decimal. Look up that element in the periodic table. Then take the abbreviation of that element and you have it!
Look! A slime!    <(^.^)>

E37

I've been working on more updates!
No screen shot this time.
What's done: (since last time)
The strings in the constant table can be edited.
Pictures in the constant table can be edited.
A fancy title screen.
The ability to create programs. (and name them!)
Archive/unarchive programs. It can open and edit archived programs anyway.
The program list shows if the code is archived.
Various bugfixes.
What's left:
Make the editors for both 1 byte and 2 byte lists.
Sort the menus.
Add a pass for the compiler.
Fix any bugs that appear.
What's my calc's name? Convert $37 to decimal. Look up that element in the periodic table. Then take the abbreviation of that element and you have it!

matrefeytontias

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 27, 2016, 07:05:22 PM
Also that idea reminds me of how persalteas managed to release an Axe game for the TI-82 Stats/83. Axe is not available for the TI-82 Stats/83, so basically he grabbed the hexadecimal after disassembling the game then modified what's necessary to become compatible with the older calculator, then he was set.
Hum ... that was me :P and that was Jetpack 8x+ too.

@E37 you might want to take a look at my PageSwap axiom. It should be somewhere on Omnimaga.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+.fr, TI-Nspire CAS prototype, TI-84+ CSE, TI-Nspire CX
My TI games (some got their own article on non-calc websites !) : http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/authors/112/11202.html

My moozik (100% free metal) : http://www.soundcloud.com/matrefeytontias

DarkestEx

Quote from: E37 on November 03, 2016, 07:01:02 PM
I've been working on more updates!
No screen shot this time.
What's done: (since last time)
The strings in the constant table can be edited.
Pictures in the constant table can be edited.
A fancy title screen.
The ability to create programs. (and name them!)
Archive/unarchive programs. It can open and edit archived programs anyway.
The program list shows if the code is archived.
Various bugfixes.
What's left:
Make the editors for both 1 byte and 2 byte lists.
Sort the menus.
Add a pass for the compiler.
Fix any bugs that appear.
Sounds great :thumbsup:
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

E37

Quote from: matrefeytontias on November 04, 2016, 12:10:55 AM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 27, 2016, 07:05:22 PM
Also that idea reminds me of how persalteas managed to release an Axe game for the TI-82 Stats/83. Axe is not available for the TI-82 Stats/83, so basically he grabbed the hexadecimal after disassembling the game then modified what's necessary to become compatible with the older calculator, then he was set.
Hum ... that was me :P and that was Jetpack 8x+ too.

@E37 you might want to take a look at my PageSwap axiom. It should be somewhere on Omnimaga.
I know about pageswap. I actually recently pointed (ben_g?) to it. If I am going to make a two page app, it will be all one app.
Thanks though! (it is a cool axiom though)

E37

I have some more updates! (but for some reason or another, no screenie  :'()
What's been added:
Just about everything - the constant table is complete!
The IDE now checks if the program is the same before archiving to save wear on the flash chip! If you just open an archived program to look, it won't archive it since there weren't any changes!
Added a quit without saving - if the program is archived, you can quit without saving and it will revert to the last archived copy (how it was before you opened it)
In progress:
Bug fixes...
Experimental way to display tokens: if it works, it could grant a 10% speed boost!

All versions of the IDE (past - present - future) run at 6MHz (slow speed mode) so it will work the same on the 83+

It appears to be drawing to a close... I'd say 90% done.

E37

I have cleaned up some more bugs. @DarkestEx
The option to jump to labels is now included! (under the window key)

Just for fun, here is a list of all my fails and brain farts along the way!
Spoiler

There were many times when I was sure I had fixed a bug, only to recompile it and find out that I only made it worse.
X-Y = Y-X right?
Let's spend 1 hour making a feature, 5 mins optimizing, and another hour trying to find the problems the 'optimized' code creates! (That one happened dozens of times)
Who needs to recompile? Let's just test already!
Forgetting to call the subroutine is its fault. It should have known when to call its self.
I know! I'll use the same memory location that I used to store all my variables in to store a copy of the screen! That'll save so much space!
Updating the fake "variable-2" data will make the actual variable change size.
I can compare all the data for equality in a possibly odd numbered data section in groups of 2 bytes!

[close]

E37

I did it. I first offered to make an IDE for Claw 75 days ago for @DarkestEx .
Now it is done.
Sure there may be bugs to fix.
But it is done.
Here is the download for the couple of people who want to mess with it.

What's next?

stuff added/changed

I added a debugging menu. Can you find it?
Pressing window lets you jump to a label. Labels are defined the same way as in assembly.
I managed to hide E37 in the IDE somewhere.
[close]

Dream of Omnimaga

Awesome!  I will probably check it out to see how it's like
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

• Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

DarkestEx

@E37
WOW I am totally stunned!
Such an incredibly awesome job!  :thumbsup:

I will certainly go and build a proper VM soon so we can start making programs ;D
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

DarkestEx

As I have holldays now, I will give the VM another go. Hope I can finish it soon :)

E37